Windows 10: window defender failed to remove virus

Discus and support window defender failed to remove virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had .KRAB extension virus on my computer which couldnt be detected or removed by window defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dawitmuluneh, Sep 24, 2018.

1. window defender failed to remove virus

I had .KRAB extension virus on my computer which couldnt be detected or removed by window defender

:)

dawitmuluneh, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Guide: Virus Removal 101

just have one simple 'virus removal guideline' post that people can follow which is basically a list of programs with download links, in your recommended order.

so that even if people fail to educate themselves, we can link to a singular post and say 'do this'

Mussels, Sep 24, 2018
  3. windows defender virus w10

Impossible to remove windows defender virus. any suggestions. thks

YvonBolduc, Sep 24, 2018
  4. window defender failed to remove virus

Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

window defender failed to remove virus APKBelarcAdvisor5of10ScoreBETTERThan417Before.jpg

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=16097

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

http://apcmag.com/5382/microsoft_apologises_for_serving_malware_to_customers

*Smile window defender failed to remove virus :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

window defender failed to remove virus

1. window defender failed to remove virus - Similar Threads - window defender failed

2. Windows Defender failing to remove threats.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender failing to remove threats.: Hi! Recently an old computer of mine had its data transferred from its disk to this computer. What happens is that the old computer seems to have had some kind of riskware, malware installed or "potentially unwanted apps" as windows defender calls them. Windows Defender is...
  3. Why cant windows defender remove this virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant windows defender remove this virus?: windows defender seemed to have detected a trojan but when I try to press the take action button nothing happens. I have tried countless things such as deleting scan logs through event viewer, offline scans, full scans, using Malwarebytes, Microsoft malicious software removal...
  4. Why cant windows defender remove this virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cant windows defender remove this virus?: windows defender seemed to have detected a trojan but when I try to press the take action button nothing happens. I have tried countless things such as deleting scan logs through event viewer, offline scans, full scans, using Malwarebytes, Microsoft malicious software removal...
  5. Why cant windows defender remove this virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How to remove detected virus with windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove detected virus with windows defender: My window defender found a virus and i pressed start action but nothing happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-detected-virus-with-windows-defender/23aca2dc-054b-47fa-b64c-7a74de41809c
  7. How to remove detected virus with windows defender

How to remove detected virus with windows defender: My window defender found a virus and i pressed start action but nothing happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-detected-virus-with-windows-defender/23aca2dc-054b-47fa-b64c-7a74de41809c
  8. windows defender cant remove the files/virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender cant remove the files/virus: I've got this problem I did a full scan this popped up and when i try to do any actions it doesn't do anything and this is where its at but I cant fin it please help containerfile: C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-3827086929-595614020-3992617409-1001\$RGJWU2M.zipfile:...
  9. windows defender cant remove the files/virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender cant remove the files/virus: I've got this problem I did a full scan this popped up and when i try to do any actions it doesn't do anything and this is where its at but I cant fin it please help containerfile: C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-3827086929-595614020-3992617409-1001\$RGJWU2M.zipfile:...
  10. windows defender cant remove the files/virus

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is windows defender can remove .krab virus