Windows 10: Window defender isn't working properly

Discus and support Window defender isn't working properly in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; real-time protection is blocked by group policy... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Prakashyap21, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Window defender isn't working properly

real-time protection is blocked by group policy

:)

Prakashyap21, Jun 27, 2020

2. Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Window defender isn't working properly

Microsoft Edge isn't working properly

Hi Taylor,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue with EDGE.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Right click on Microsoft EDGE.

• Go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click
      end task.
    If the issue persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to perform DISM commands to Repair corrupted files. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin) (Enter if any credentials prompted).

• Type the following command and try to repair corrupted files.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    If the issue persists, follow the below step.

Step 3:

I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps. Follow the below link

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Window defender isn't working properly

1. Window defender isn't working properly - Similar Threads - Window defender isn't

2. windows defender isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender isn't working: i tried to Reset Windows Security / remove third party anti-virus/ i could not restart the security centre service cause the security center is not in the services.msc / i puted all the values in the registry for Disablespyware to 0 / i tried the sfc/scannow command 4 times...
  3. windows defender isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender isn't working: i tried to Reset Windows Security / remove third party anti-virus/ i could not restart the security centre service cause the security center is not in the services.msc / i puted all the values in the registry for Disablespyware to 0 / i tried the sfc/scannow command 4 times...
  4. windows defender isn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC isn't working properly: Hello,I've recently built a new pc, but for the past 6 months I've experienced some problems. Number one is that my PC crashes once or twice every three months. I've taken a look at my event viewer but cant really figure out how to fix the problems or even understand what is...
  6. PC isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC isn't working properly: Hello,I've recently built a new pc, but for the past 6 months I've experienced some problems. Number one is that my PC crashes once or twice every three months. I've taken a look at my event viewer but cant really figure out how to fix the problems or even understand what is...
  7. Windows defender isn't working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender isn't working: Hello,about a week and a half ago, i had a qqkk virus ransomeware, it encryted all my files so i deleted them all and factory reset my computer twice, i noticed that my windows defender is down so i wanted to turn it on. real time protection and all the other security setting...
  8. Windows Defender Not working properly

Windows Defender Not working properly: I HAVE TRIED ALL THE METHODS BUT NOTHING WORK OUT WELL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-not-working-properly/7f2d85d9-1289-49f9-b3b3-1dfdab1366dd
  9. Taskbar isn't working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar isn't working properly: [IMG] After some time using windows I noticed, that these 2 icons became "broken", and I have no idea, why this happened, help me please. P.s. In "dark" mode of windows icon of windows store gets readable, but it's still not enough....
  10. Windows defender not working properly

Windows defender not working properly: So I have everything updated on a Matebook x Pro (windows 1803) however it seems that the defender is bugged what should I do? All the settings are grayed out (see the example below) and the scan doesn't work. The service is up and running regularly. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...