Windows 10: Window defender locks the correct file

Discus and support Window defender locks the correct file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day. I bought a new laptop. Windows 10 system. For work, I need to work with *.rvt and *.rfa files. From an old laptop, I easily downloaded the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anna Muner, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Window defender locks the correct file

Good day. I bought a new laptop. Windows 10 system. For work, I need to work with *.rvt and *.rfa files. From an old laptop, I easily downloaded the Revit families from this site:https://measuredsurvey365.co.uk/category/revit-families/. Now I'm trying to download, but the defender immediately deletes any file. These are definitely not viruses. How do I add a site to exceptions? Is it possible to add * .rvt and * .rfa to exceptions? How to do it?

:)

Anna Muner, Jul 3, 2020

2. Windows Defender error: "Not in correct state" on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When exactly are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to refer to the below thread check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by CJ. Eichholz [MSFT]
    on December 12, 2015 and check if it helps.

Can't scan- "Windows Defender is not in the correct state to perform the
    required operation"

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Window defender locks the correct file

All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Window defender locks the correct file

1. Window defender locks the correct file - Similar Threads - Window defender locks

2. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  3. Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender is locked and can't be turn on: Hi, last night right after the update windows 11 23H2 OS build version: 22631.3447Windows defender stopped working once and after that i am greated with: title:Page not available,description:Your IT adminitrastor me has limited access to somes areas of this app, and the item...
  4. Windows Defender is not being Displayed Correctly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is not being Displayed Correctly: hi guys, i got a virus that deleted my windows defender [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-not-being-displayed-correctly/c06f1e3b-81d0-492d-a5cb-c9c24aff8994
  5. Why is windows defender locking onto USB files....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is windows defender locking onto USB files....: I have been having my USB drives get broken because you can't eject the drive due to some process thanks for not telling me what is holding onto what Microsoft holding onto files on the USB drive. I have found out from event 225 in event viewer that Windows Defender is the...
  6. Microsoft Defender setup--Is this reasonable and correct?

Microsoft Defender setup--Is this reasonable and correct?: Im using Microsoft Defender on my workstation running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.662. Could some of you folks please review my Defender settings and let me know if I missed anything? Is anything off that should be on, etc.? Perhaps someone has a "pet" setting or has experience...
  7. Lock Screen Image Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Image Not Working Correctly: Hi, I have the Windows Lock Screen Image set to "Windows spotlight" and it was working correctly, showing details about the image, voting options of whether I like the image or not and to switch if not, etc., until about 3 days ago when an image of a lake and some mountains...
  8. Change File to Correct File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change File to Correct File: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home and MS Office Professional Plus 2016. I opened a zip file that has an excel file and another RMD file. Somehow, I changed the RMD file to a PDF Adobe Acrobat file. I tried to re-download the file and each time I re-download the file, the RMD...
  9. Hidden Locked file inside of Windows Defender Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hidden Locked file inside of Windows Defender Folder: Hi, I recently noticed that there was a strange .lock file inside of my windows defender folder. The hidden file is called " IMpService77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843Ec24.lock" and I was wondering if anyone had any information on what this file was or why it's in my...
  10. windows defender security center dosn't start correctly

windows defender security center dosn't start correctly: when i try to open the security center i get the window but then it takes a couple seconds and then just closes reliability center says there is a problem as well, i ran SFC and DISM and they both say nothing is wrong i also attempted a restore but that froze so i powered...