Windows 10: Window defender notification system tray icon missing

Discus and support Window defender notification system tray icon missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My window defender system tray icon is missing and I can't find any option to turn it on in the startup menu or taskbar submitted by /u/qan_0801... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/qan_0801, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Window defender notification system tray icon missing

My window defender system tray icon is missing and I can't find any option to turn it on in the startup menu or taskbar

submitted by /u/qan_0801
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/qan_0801, Mar 11, 2021

2. System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    System Notification Tray Missing

Hello,

One possible reason why the system tray icons are missing is that the system icons settings are currently off. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you change the settings of your computer. Here's a simple guide on how to turn on your system icons:

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Hope this information was helpful to you.

Paolo Mag, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Window defender notification system tray icon missing

Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Window defender notification system tray icon missing

1. Window defender notification system tray icon missing - Similar Threads - Window defender notification

2. Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11: Somehow, the icon for Settings/Notifications disappeared from my Tray. It used to appear to the right of the clock-see screenshot. It looked like a small folder from which I could open notifications and settings. Also, how do I get rid of the Security icon that appears with...
  3. Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11: Somehow, the icon for Settings/Notifications disappeared from my Tray. It used to appear to the right of the clock-see screenshot. It looked like a small folder from which I could open notifications and settings. Also, how do I get rid of the Security icon that appears with...
  4. System tray missing wifi icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray missing wifi icon: Apparently, my wifi icon still show up when I connected to my home network but somehow it magically disappear whenever I go out and try to connect to public wifi. Do I have to reinstall or I can fix this manually...
  5. System notification tray missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    System notification tray missing: My System Notification tray typically on the right side of the desktop taskbar is missing. All my small icons are on the the taskbar, they aren't grouped together under that system notification tray, which usually appears as a "^". We are running Windows 10 Enterprise on a...
  6. Active Defender icon in notification tray?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Defender icon in notification tray?: There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut icon in the taskbar accomplishes nothing....
  7. Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray

Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray: I am a Windows 10 user. I uninstalled Norton AV after I received advise to do so from the Microsoft community experts. I did remove it and activated Windows Defender. But the windows defender icon is not visible in the system tray. I tried various means. I am not an IT...
  8. windows defender system tray icon is black

windows defender system tray icon is black: this what my windows defender icon looks like https://imgur.com/qX39YT9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-system-tray-icon-is-black/98753490-bb4a-4c2f-855e-3b8d6e7c35e3"
  9. Windows Defender System Tray Icon

Windows Defender System Tray Icon: Currently, I have the Windows Defender System Tray icon with an exclamation point on it --- When I open the program to see what actions are needed, there are none to be acted upon --- So I should get the green checkmark when I restart, but still, the exclamation point is...
  10. Defender tray notification icon deleted

Defender tray notification icon deleted: Hi, everyone *Biggrin Sorry to bother for small things, by mistake in CCleaner I deleted the startup entry of Defender notification icon. I remember I have seen a reg file here, in this forum but can't find it. *Banghead Could you be nice to help me finding it? I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why windows defender is not available on taskbar notification area