Windows 10: Window defender says my code contains a virus.

Discus and support Window defender says my code contains a virus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; #include <stdio.h> int mainvoid { printf"Hello world \n"; return 0; }... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aesuro, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Aesuro Win User

Window defender says my code contains a virus.

#include <stdio.h>

int mainvoid
    {
    printf"Hello world \n";
    return 0;
    }

:)

Aesuro, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Phusius Win User

Windows Defender has a red X and says service has stopped, please help

I am on Windows 8, and control panel security says Windows Defender is my anti virus and firewall.

Phusius, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Window defender says my code contains a virus.

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Window defender says my code contains a virus.

1. Window defender says my code contains a virus. - Similar Threads - Window defender says

2. Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus: My self-created .vmdk file from VMWare was classified as dangerous by Windows Defender today."This program is dangerous. It records user passwords""Password stealing program"And now Windows has delete my vmdk File and my VM Disk is deletet.Thanks Microsoft you are so...
  3. Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus: My self-created .vmdk file from VMWare was classified as dangerous by Windows Defender today."This program is dangerous. It records user passwords""Password stealing program"And now Windows has delete my vmdk File and my VM Disk is deletet.Thanks Microsoft you are so...
  4. Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??

"StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??: [ATTACH]What is this? It says that StartupCheckLibrary.dll could not start as the file contains a virus or unwanted software. Couldnt really find much helpful info online. Except for one guy saying it wasnt actually malware but instead just "just some old tasks that were...
  6. ChromeSetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ChromeSetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted: So, I deleted Chrome because it was not working right and I went to download it again and it said, "chromesetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted". I have no idea what to do, and I need it for school. Please help. I even checked all my files, looked at videos, I also...
  7. Window defender says my code is a virus.

Window defender says my code is a virus.: #include <stdio.h> int mainvoid { printf"Hello world \n"; return 0; } https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-says-my-code-is-a-virus/52c9e2da-5b3f-40e5-9ec5-1464c2b7533e
  8. Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus

Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus: So, I don't know when this really started but it began in 2020 I think. Whenever I download a file from the internet whether its custom content for my games or images my laptop windows defender scans and automatically says everything is a virus and deletes it. I purchased a...
  9. Windows defender saying that my program is a virus

Windows defender saying that my program is a virus: Hi, i want to publish my program to friends or more and for they will can download the program they need to turn off windows defender how can i remove this or do code or something that will download like a regular prgoram....
  10. Bootable windows contains virus

Bootable windows contains virus: There's some virus on my computer right know, and i like to reinstall my windows. Since i dont have any other computer to create bootable so it's safe to create bootable ISO from computer that contains virus ? I kinda scare that virus also injecting to my flash drive while i...