Windows 10: Window Defender Scam

Discus and support Window Defender Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by monroejohnson, May 28, 2020.

1. Window Defender Scam

I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email.

:)

monroejohnson, May 28, 2020

2. Windows Defender Scam

I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam?

[Original Title: window defender]

bettyeharris, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. Window Defender Scam

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Window Defender Scam

1. Window Defender Scam - Similar Threads - Window Defender Scam

2. Defender Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Scam: My 92 yr old mother received a call saying her account was charged $200 for Defender anti-virus and if she didn't want it to call to get a refund. So I called and they said they were calling from AnyDesk and I would have to download a form and fill it out online while they...
  3. Windows Defender scam is on again in 2021.

Windows Defender scam is on again in 2021.: Ju8st letting people know. Just got hit buy it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-scam-is-on-again-in-2021/f396ff5c-1a9f-46a8-af11-e5654f8f1ad5
  4. Another Windows Defender scam

Another Windows Defender scam: Received an e-mail today from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" claiming: Microsoft Account Order Confirmation Invoice Number : WIN48974984-75246 Customer Id : 112621115 Email : xxxxxxxxxx Phone : +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX Invoice Date: Feb 04, 2021 Item...
  5. Windows Defenders renewal scam

Windows Defenders renewal scam: I received an E-mail yesterday from someone claiming to me from Microsoft telling me I was going to be charged my bank account $299.99 for an annual , automatic renewal fee for myMicrosoft Windows Defender program , to protect my computer. When I called the number...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall scam

Windows Defender Firewall scam: on my business email i recieved an email saying that my account was going to be charhed $399.00 for the subscription....they were trying to bully me into downloading anydesk to give them remote access to give me a password to uninstall the program with to cancel the...
  7. Windows Defender SCAM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender SCAM: I just received the following email. I suggest someone MS, the Community, Etc. make MS users aware of this scam. Order Date Dec 22 2020 Order Id: 254-8632541-875424 Dear Customer, Thank you for using our Services for the past year. YourWindows Defender support plan will...
  8. Windows Defender Scam???

Windows Defender Scam???: I got the following email. Is this a scam? I removed my email address and customer id from the message. Microsoft Account Order Confirmation BILLED TO Dear User Customer ID - Email Address Registered Number - +1 XXX-XXX-1142...
  9. Windows defender phone scam

Windows defender phone scam: Got a call from 240-542-6162 phone number based out of Maryland. They told me that I would be charged 312 dollars for Windows Defender if I did not opt out- The recording sounder like a 1985 robcop gone bad and then they transferred me to someone that had crumbled english and...
  10. Windows Defender Scam

Windows Defender Scam: I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam? [Original Title: window defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-scam/9dc52844-e33d-4c89-901b-d383b5d529d7"