Windows 10: Window defender security

Discus and support Window defender security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In window defender security is not working ,i will do all things but not working. Please help.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by window defender security, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Window defender security

In window defender security is not working ,i will do all things but not working. Please help.

:)

window defender security, Sep 21, 2021
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

Window defender security APKBelarcAdvisor5of10ScoreBETTERThan417Before.jpg

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

APC's October issue is on sale now!

*Smile Window defender security :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Window defender security

Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

Thanks @Hydrate! Followed Step 3 of Option 2 and rebooted ... problem solved!

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and if all stays good, I will mark this thread closed.

elprice7345, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

Window defender security

1. Window defender security - Similar Threads - Window defender security

2. Windows defender security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender security: i cant open the Windows defender security , when clicking it, it takes me to the store app, any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security/80c8766e-b34d-4d03-8bcc-85d9acf3c2eb
  3. Windows Security Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Defender: I have upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11. Every thing is smooth. Only difficulty is with Windows Security Defender, The same is not opening in Windows11, It is asking to open and confirm Microsoft soft Account which I have Closed. My other User active Administrator Account is...
  4. Windows Defender or security

Windows Defender or security: I just purchased windows P.C but for reasons unknown to me, the windows security will not run and scan.I tried purchasing an alternative antivirus and for some reason, I was unable to install it. Have anyone ever experienced such a problem or a similar problem? Please advise...
  5. Windows Security/Defender

Windows Security/Defender: Good morning. Recently, my wife uninstalled her paid antivirus software on her laptop computer and went to Windows Security Defender. It's running pretty good, except for 2 things: 1 It keeps showing "Action Is Recommended" and when she clicks on it it shows a...
  6. Windows defender/security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender/security: I am trying to change my security settings on my pc but it always tells me it has to look for a new app in the microsoft store. I look in the microsoft store but there is no Windows Defender app. I can’t change my security settings because of there being no windows defender...
  7. Windows Defender/Security

Windows Defender/Security: So I wanted to toggle a few settings, but whenever I load Windows Defender/Security, it appears like this. The Microsoft website also doesn't seem to know about the security status either, just an "Unknown". Also the topic might be wrong because they do not relate to the...
  8. Windows Defender and Security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender and Security: I am having problems with the real time protection option. For some reason, I can't somehow get windows defender command center and I can't disable the anti virus...
  9. Windows Defender Security

Windows Defender Security: Will Windows Defender protect my PC as well as MacAfee or Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-security/fb324160-e4cf-401e-959b-2981a1404d06"
  10. Windows Defender Security

Windows Defender Security: If I have Windows Defender Security do I need another program such as Wise Care 365 for additional protection or do these programs conflict with each other?...