Windows 10: window defender

Discus and support window defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I update my window defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender/82a4878a-c084-4931-83a5-e48d258a26b6 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bbchokari, Oct 19, 2019.

1. bbchokari Win User

window defender

How do I update my window defender?

:)

bbchokari, Oct 19, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 19, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 19, 2019
  4. window defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

window defender

1. window defender - Similar Threads - window defender

2. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  3. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows defender taking high memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender taking high memory: I tried turning real-time protection off but it didn't change memory usage in task manager. I tried installing Malwarebytes but Windows defender continued to run. I tried editing registry values but access was denied to me....
  6. Windows defender taking high memory

Windows defender taking high memory: I tried turning real-time protection off but it didn't change memory usage in task manager. I tried installing Malwarebytes but Windows defender continued to run. I tried editing registry values but access was denied to me....
  7. Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...: So, apparently out of nowhere, Windows decided not to allow me to change my defender anti virus settings.When I got a popup saying that a dangerous file was found, as usual I knew the file was safe, I clicked the pop up so I could override the file deletion, to my surprise I...
  8. Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...

Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...: So, apparently out of nowhere, Windows decided not to allow me to change my defender anti virus settings.When I got a popup saying that a dangerous file was found, as usual I knew the file was safe, I clicked the pop up so I could override the file deletion, to my surprise I...
  9. Windows Defender: Page not found Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender: Page not found Windows 11: I am unable to start Windows Defender AV, when i search "Virus and Threat Protection" It shows me "Page not found. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the itemyou tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."...
  10. Windows Defender: Page not found Windows 11

Windows Defender: Page not found Windows 11: I am unable to start Windows Defender AV, when i search "Virus and Threat Protection" It shows me "Page not found. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the itemyou tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."...