Windows 10: Window display language does not show as desired

Discus and support Window display language does not show as desired in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Team,The operating system installed on my laptop is Win10 Home, and both the display and preferred languages are in English, I've not even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stanley.Huang, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Window display language does not show as desired

Hello Team,The operating system installed on my laptop is Win10 Home, and both the display and preferred languages are in English, I've not even installed Chinese language pack. However some language persists to be displayed as Chinese. The new page I opened in google chrome, the reading list and bookmarks on the ribbon showed in Chinese. While right clicking on the mouse, all language popped up are in Chinese and come together with window keys in English.Please could you advise how to resolve this issue? Your supports would be highly appreciated.Best Regards,Stanley Huang

:)

Stanley.Huang, Aug 7, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How to change the display language in Windows 10.

Hi Thanatica,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may occur if you have installed multiple languages in your system.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To confirm the settings are set correctly:

1. Open Settings. Select
    Time& language,
    and then Region & Language.

2. Check the Language (set as default)
    setting for your Windows display language. If your desired language is not available, add your desired language:

• Click Add Language.

• Select your desired language from the list.

• Select the desired locale, which is the language/country combination.

• Click on your new language and select
      Set as Default.
    NOTE: IF you changed languages, you must sign out of your account and back in for the new setting to take effect.

Note: Press and hold the Windows logo key and then press the Spacebar repeatedly, you will be able to switch between the languages.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Window display language does not show as desired

Region and language is not aligned as desired

Hi Trevor,

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve your issue. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused for the same.

As you have mentioned that your PC language is in French, can I know which region/language did you set up your OS during installation.

To begin with, I would like to inform that if you have selected the region in which you currently are ,i.e, France the display language in your PC will be in French and you do not have the option to change it to France (English). To change your language
    to the one you desire, you can follow the steps outlined below

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Choose one of your languages, then select Set as default.

Window display language does not  show as desired th?id=OSAS.jpg

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

Window display language does not show as desired

1. Window display language does not show as desired - Similar Threads - Window display language

2. Wireless Display Adapter Custom Wallpapers not working as desired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter Custom Wallpapers not working as desired: I'm refreshing this thread we already spoke about but nobody was able to find a solution.We have many adapters connected in our company meeting rooms, and we'd like to show customized wallpapers.Right now it's possible to upload just one custom image, but this image is...
  3. Windows display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows display language: I bought a laptop from Italy and it has its own windows 10. The windows display language is Italian, I want to change it in English but there is not any other language....
  4. Windows display language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows display language: I bought a laptop from Italy and it has its own windows 10. The windows display language is Italian, I want to change it in English but there is not any other language....
  5. Windows display language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows display language: I bought a Laptop in Mexico, it had a single language windows 10 Home installation in Spanish. I bought the windows 10 Pro from Windows store and went to update centre to install things. I now wnt to change the display language but I am still seeing a single language...
  6. language display

in Windows 10 Customization
    language display: overnight something must of been added to my windows 10 it has changed to portugese ..like wth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-display/dc7b791a-eb6f-4b27-91c2-6d3b43c4919a
  7. Win 10 language doesn't fully change after installing desired language pack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 language doesn't fully change after installing desired language pack: I recently purchased a laptop from Finland, and upon starting it, I realized it was pre-installed with the windows and its default language was set to Finnish, I have been working on this for quite some time and have been able to install the English language pack and change...
  8. Display Language

Display Language: Hi, my laptop was unable to change the display language from Chinese to English. Please suggest me a solution.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-language/b18ad44f-b98c-4a82-9d6e-bec2bcef1ae9
  9. Windows display language.

Windows display language.: I have windows 10 education and I want to change the display language to Arabic so after installing the Arabic language - even though it says display language available- I couldn't find the option to choose it as a display language....
  10. Windows display language

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows display language: Hi all, I would like to make a global setting on my PC for ALL accounts. I have English (Australia) installed and also United Kingdom. Attachment 39471 I would like to set this to my Current User setting but, as can be seen in the pic, it directs Windows to make any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change windows display language