Windows 10: Window display suddenly enlarged

Discus and support Window display suddenly enlarged in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I just read a locked thread with all unhelpful answers. I just stumbled upon the answer for my HP Laptop, purchased around March 2020, because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christina_6, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Window display suddenly enlarged

Hello. I just read a locked thread with all unhelpful answers. I just stumbled upon the answer for my HP Laptop, purchased around March 2020, because I had noted where my right hand was when it happened. I had just skimmed the touchpad by accident.

It occurred to me that perhaps the pinching motion I use on my IPhone, which I have only owned for about the same time, would reset the screen to normal size, and making that pinching motion to shrink to normal worked! Not a heavy cell phone user. The Iphone replaced a cheap Android, so I have low experience with it.

There is a setting under Devices called Touchpad. I've set everything to "do nothing" in case I inadvertently skim it again. I hope this stops the surprise enlargements and movement of "sheets," or whatever the proper term is. I'm old school and just want everything locked down.

:)

Christina_6, Aug 13, 2020

2. WINDOW 10 DISPLAY SUDDENLY ENLARGED

Hi,

Im having a problem regarding my Window 10 Display suddenly turn enlarged. I already check the display setting but the font size currently in normal state which is 100% (recommended) . How to fix my display?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

AisyahZailan, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Enlarging Fonts

Hi,

The option for enlarging fonts, apps, and other items is located in the Display settings. To enlarge fonts, apps, and other items in
    Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click on any blank space on your desktop.
    • Open Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items on the Display tab, select your preferred size percentage.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Window display suddenly enlarged

Screen Enlargement on Nextbook

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family. I would be happy to assist you.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Window display suddenly enlarged

1. Window display suddenly enlarged - Similar Threads - Window display suddenly

2. Display UI is enlarged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display UI is enlarged: My display UI for my Windows 10 PC suddenly became enlarged. I've checked my resolution & scale settings. I've updated my display drivers. I even tried restore point. I unfortunately do not have any past images before this occurred. Nothing worked, I'm confused and lost....
  3. Display UI is enlarged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display UI is enlarged: My display UI for my Windows 10 PC suddenly became enlarged. I've checked my resolution & scale settings. I've updated my display drivers. I even tried restore point. I unfortunately do not have any past images before this occurred. Nothing worked, I'm confused and lost....
  4. Display UI is enlarged

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. text cursor suddenly enlarged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    text cursor suddenly enlarged: I made no setting changes, but the text cursor has suddenly become a large, capitalized letter I. which obstructs the ability to read the text.Unable to correct it. Any advice?...
  6. text cursor suddenly enlarged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text cursor suddenly enlarged: I made no setting changes, but the text cursor has suddenly become a large, capitalized letter I. which obstructs the ability to read the text.Unable to correct it. Any advice?...
  7. text cursor suddenly enlarged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Sudden enlarging and shrinking of work within the screen

Sudden enlarging and shrinking of work within the screen: When typing or when doing a puzzle, everything on the screen suddenly shrinks or enlarges and it is specific to that page only. This is very recent and I have not been able to reverse it. How can I stop this from happening? This Windows 10. It is not related to Office. I do...
  9. Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged

Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged: I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1803 I logged on this afternoon and suddenly found that my application icons and text on the desktop were enlarged. (The background wasn't). I checked the resolution and scale but these were unchanged - 1920x1080 & 100%....
  10. Sudden screen enlargement

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden screen enlargement: Hi All Had Windows 10 for a few months now and I have a problem which is driving me to distraction *Mad Every now and then (quite often) something happens and the computer goes into a sort of mode where if I slide my finger over the touchpad from bottom to top everything on...