Windows 10: Window does not recognise my USB

Discus and support Window does not recognise my USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My USB flash drive is not working when I plug it in. It appears that Windows recognized the device because it makes a sound when I plug it in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulVerbanick, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Window does not recognise my USB

Hello,
    My USB flash drive is not working when I plug it in. It appears that Windows recognized the device because it makes a sound when I plug it in.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory. it will not recognize any of my USB's

Thank you!

:)

PaulVerbanick, Feb 28, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 28, 2019
  3. USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10

I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I plug in a any USB drives are not recognised.

I have tried a USB stick which worked but not drives do not.

Any suggestions as all worked in Windows 7.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Feb 28, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

Window does not recognise my USB

USB not recognised after years using it.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    Uninstalling USB Device and booting up and reconnecting the Xpress USB flush drive did not work it was still not recognised on any of the 6 USB 2.0 or on any of the 7 ports on the USB 3.0 hub, although it is recognised on other pc. I am now transferring the data to another USB drive before I format the Xpress and see if it is recognised again in the original pc.

scopio, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Window does not recognise my USB

1. Window does not recognise my USB - Similar Threads - Window does recognise

2. Windows 11. USB-C does not recognise my monitors anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. USB-C does not recognise my monitors anymore: Hello! I was using 2 monitors with my DELL laptop using a dell hub a connecting the monitors to the laptop through 2 USB-C port. Now the laptop can't detect the monitors. Now, when I connect my 2 usb-c to the laptop I get a windows saying "display connection might be...
  3. Windows 11. USB-C does not recognise my monitors anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11. USB-C does not recognise my monitors anymore: Hello! I was using 2 monitors with my DELL laptop using a dell hub a connecting the monitors to the laptop through 2 USB-C port. Now the laptop can't detect the monitors. Windows trouble shooting is not help as it doesn't describe my situation.What can I do? Thanks,Angel...
  4. Windows 10 Pro does not recognise a USB Connection to my VCR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro does not recognise a USB Connection to my VCR: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, 21H2 and have connected my NEC VHG 105 VCR by RCA/USB Cable, to Copy a VHS Tape to DVD, using Windows Movie Maker.Following the Procedure written by Erick Kristian, https://www.techwalla.com/articles/convert-copyprotected-vhs-tapes-dvd I am...
  5. Windows 10 Pro does not recognise a USB Connection to my VCR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro does not recognise a USB Connection to my VCR: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, 21H2 and have connected my NEC VHG 105 VCR by RCA/USB Cable, to Copy a VHS Tape to DVD, using Windows Movie Maker.Following the Procedure written by Erick Kristian, https://www.techwalla.com/articles/convert-copyprotected-vhs-tapes-dvd I am...
  6. Windows 10 Pro does not recognise a USB Connection to my VCR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB does not recognise Garmin

USB does not recognise Garmin: USB does not recognise Garmin so I am unable to update the SatNav. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-does-not-recognise-garmin/b52aacea-e554-4be4-b4d2-08fa6395e856
  8. MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT

MY WIN10 suddenly does not recognise my USB drive in the front USB SLOT: I am getting this message: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. and this Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed. I have...
  9. Does anyone recognise this connector? (USB? DisplayPort?)

Does anyone recognise this connector? (USB? DisplayPort?): One side is standard USB A-Type and the other is this (two different angles): [img] I'm not sure what device it came with, it's been in my cupboard a while.There is a USB 3.0 SS logo on it and it looks very similar to 'USB 3.0 B-Type' but the middle of the connector doesn't...
  10. Some USB port does not recognise drive

Some USB port does not recognise drive: I have a WD Passport 1TB drive, on two my pc's USB 3 ports, it just won't get recognised. Once the cable is plugged in, the power light on the drive lights ON , not blinking, and nothing else happens. Any idea to fix or diagnose this. The USB ports otherwise seems to work...