Windows 10: window does not recognize drive format with ubuntu

Discus and support window does not recognize drive format with ubuntu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I think win10 is able to see drive with NTFS and exFAT partition format but the problem is win10 does not recognize my drive that format in ubuntu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thod K, May 20, 2021.

1. Thod K Win User

window does not recognize drive format with ubuntu

Hi,I think win10 is able to see drive with NTFS and exFAT partition format but the problem is win10 does not recognize my drive that format in ubuntu as NTFS and exFAT. those my two drives are moving from ubuntu to use in window desktop- put back to ubuntu both drive work fine- bring back to window one ask for initializing disk and one ask for convert to gptany solution for this I cannot effort to lose my data inside those two drive

:)

Thod K, May 20, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Formatting a dual boot system with windows 10 and ubuntu

Hi,

In Windows 10, you can easily format a hard drive or a partition by accessing Computer Management. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Computer Management.
    • On the left side, click on Disk Management under Storage.
    • Locate the drive that you want to format.
    • Once located, right-click on the drive and choose Format.

If the hard drive has not been formatted with the steps that we have provided above, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your hard drive. Some hard drive requires a software that you'll need to use just to format it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, May 20, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 20, 2021
  4. window does not recognize drive format with ubuntu

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 20, 2021
Thema:

window does not recognize drive format with ubuntu

1. window does not recognize drive format with ubuntu - Similar Threads - window does recognize

2. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does: Hello,I dual booted my laptop HP Zbook Studio G5 with Ubuntu. Everything works fine, except when I plugged in the hdmi from the TV into the laptop to watch something, I could not select the output device to be the TV as it did not appear anywhere. It does not seem to...
  3. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does: Hello,I dual booted my laptop HP Zbook Studio G5 with Ubuntu. Everything works fine, except when I plugged in the hdmi from the TV into the laptop to watch something, I could not select the output device to be the TV as it did not appear anywhere. It does not seem to...
  4. Disk Formatting or Drive Not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Formatting or Drive Not recognized: Having an issue with a new HDD that I installed. It's giving me an error message below when I try to initialize.The disk is showing in the device manager and also in the storage space hardware under control panel. The bios is good and looks like the drive in enabled there...
  5. Disk Formatting or Drive Not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Formatting or Drive Not recognized: Having an issue with a new HDD that I installed. It's giving me an error message below when I try to initialize.The disk is showing in the device manager and also in the storage space hardware under control panel. The bios is good and looks like the drive in enabled there...
  6. Disk Formatting or Drive Not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Formatting second disk with Ubuntu

Formatting second disk with Ubuntu: Hello there! I have a laptop that has two disks where windows is installed on one and ubuntu on the second one and everything works fine. But as now linux subsystem for windows got much better, I would like to use ubuntu via LSW. So I wanted to format the disk with ubuntu....
  8. Does my drive need to be formatted for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does my drive need to be formatted for windows?: I am going to build a new computer when I came over an issue. I want to move my files over from my old pc but I came across an issue. If I put all of the files in a folder and put it on the drive then will I need to format the drive and lose that stuff? Thanks. submitted by...
  9. Is it possible to format a hard disk that Windows 10 does not recognize?

Is it possible to format a hard disk that Windows 10 does not recognize?: So the hard disk is shown in the device manager as "Unknown USB device". Since it no longer works properly I want to format it. Is that possible? Kann man eine Festplatte formatieren die Windows 10 nicht erkennt?
  10. Windows does not recognize the FAT format of my SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows does not recognize the FAT format of my SD card: This is an 8GB SDHC card I have been using on an Android phone. I would like to replace it with a larger card and transfer the data via Windows. The laptop that I use runs up-to-date Windows 10. When I insert the card into my laptop's card reader, Windows proposes to format...