Windows 10: window dragging is really laggy

Discus and support window dragging is really laggy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this is an issue I've had for a while, but that i no longer tolerate. for a while now, dragging around any window in windows 10 takes a while to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexandrosGascon, Apr 11, 2019.

1. window dragging is really laggy

this is an issue I've had for a while, but that i no longer tolerate.

for a while now, dragging around any window in windows 10 takes a while to respond, starts moving slowly and it only gets exponentially worse if i start "shaking" my mouse, like if every direction i moved my mouse with, the window moved in that direction for a second before moving in another. it feels awful, and I've tried everything i thought might've caused it.

I've built my computer almost exclusively for playing, so i have parts/peripherals of decent quality.

below is what happens when i quickly move my mouse around and release click. two cursors appear, but i cant do anything untill the window stops moving. im trying to follow the cursor on the window to show that there isnt any lag with the "free" cursor

window dragging is really laggy [​IMG]

:)

AlexandrosGascon, Apr 11, 2019

2. Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy

I have done 1 Reset, which didn't fix the problem. I think I even did another Clean Installation. My computer has become really laggy and slow. For example, the Mail app and certain features of Windows 10 such as the Start Menu, Settings app, and Store app have also been slow. I have done all of the suggested things to do with the "Performance tutorial on this forum". So far nothing has helped. If someone can assist me on how I can speed this thing up, please let me know.

The computer is just not as zippy as it was when I first bought it.

Jesse Williams, Apr 11, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

window dragging is really laggy

Laggy

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in Troubleshoot
    lags or freezes in Windows
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

You may also go through the suggestions given in Tips to improve PC performance in Windows
    to help make your PC run better.

Note:

Reset will result in the loss of data and the applications installed. You may take a backup of the data before reset.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

window dragging is really laggy

1. window dragging is really laggy - Similar Threads - window dragging really

2. My computer was really laggy after restarting it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was really laggy after restarting it.: I booted up my computer this morning and it was really slow this has happened before but I don't want to do the same thing as last time where i had to do a clean boot. Both this time and last time what happened was I was playing my game as usual and then the screen went one...
  3. My computer was really laggy after restarting it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer was really laggy after restarting it.: I booted up my computer this morning and it was really slow this has happened before but I don't want to do the same thing as last time where i had to do a clean boot. Both this time and last time what happened was I was playing my game as usual and then the screen went one...
  4. AirPods Audio Really Choppy/Laggy On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Audio Really Choppy/Laggy On Windows 11: My AirPods work great in my iPhone but when I try connecting to Windows 11 via Bluetooth, it is really choppy at best, or no audio comes through. I know they are connected because they say so in devices. it usually makes it worse when I move my head around. I’ve tried...
  5. AirPods Audio Really Choppy/Laggy On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AirPods Audio Really Choppy/Laggy On Windows 11: My AirPods work great in my iPhone but when I try connecting to Windows 11 via Bluetooth, it is really choppy at best, or no audio comes through. I know they are connected because they say so in devices. it usually makes it worse when I move my head around. I’ve tried...
  6. Bandicam - Webcam overylay REALLY Laggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bandicam - Webcam overylay REALLY Laggy: Im trying to do a screen recording session on my PC with webcam overly using the Logitech C922 Pro Webcam. The screen and audio recording go smoothly enough, but I cannot get the Webcam smooth to save my life. I use this webcam on this computer all the time for Zoom meetings...
  7. Desktop Facebook Messenger really laggy

Desktop Facebook Messenger really laggy: My laptop is really cheap so there's no surprise in lags from time to time. But the Facebook Messenger site seems too much for me. Even when there aren't many messages coming through, it gets bad quickly as soon as the site is opened. Is there a solution to this? submitted...
  8. Animations are really laggy on an rtx 2080

Animations are really laggy on an rtx 2080: Hey guys! Recently, I've noticed that animations such as dragging windows or even scrolling on Google are reaaallly choppy. By this, I mean all Windows Explorer handled animations. I'm using a Razer Blade 15 laptop with an rtx 2070, i7-9750H, and 2 external monitors (1x 60 Hz...
  9. Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Laggy / choppy mouse dragging, but only sometimes: Hi, I have this issue with Win10 with a very laggy and choppy dragging of windows or files. I have a Logitech M510 wireless mouse with a nano reciever. I made a video of this problem in action. The window stutters, and sometimes the mouse pointer stops for a second. As you...
  10. Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy: I have done 1 Reset, which didn't fix the problem. I think I even did another Clean Installation. My computer has become really laggy and slow. For example, the Mail app and certain features of Windows 10 such as the Start Menu, Settings app, and Store app have also been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 dragging windows slow

2. windows 10 drag lag

3. windows 10 drag window choppy