Windows 10: Window Explorer crashing ambiguously.

Discus and support Window Explorer crashing ambiguously. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am here with a recent issue that I am encountering on my laptop. So, the main issue regards Window File explorer, which keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gursimran jitsingh, May 20, 2020.

1. Window Explorer crashing ambiguously.

Hello everyone,

I am here with a recent issue that I am encountering on my laptop. So, the main issue regards Window File explorer, which keeps crashing every time I an open a file the files opens, however after that Explorer crashes. As possible to notice in the figure below, the file opened but explorer crashed.

Window Explorer crashing ambiguously. d59f3586-c380-4b62-9a03-1e57bd98dfc1?upload=true.jpg

I have been trying different methods to tackle this issue, like going to quick access and clearing the file, the history or disabling quick access. Or running netsh and winsock more than once. Or trying to delete the registry keys, like BagMRU which I cannot find in \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell. Or changing the display setting to the 100% or the recommended once. Or Updating the system which on I am suspicious because my computer had to restart many times to install them. Or enabling the launch folder for the window. Or check if it was my antivirus which is Mcafee, if anything is related to it.

Nothing has worked, but one thing that I have noticed is that when I went to Event viewer. I have noticed many errors. The error that I got when Explorer crashes is the one in the Figure 2 to below.

Window Explorer crashing ambiguously. f84491c7-accb-412e-86bc-38eb185e6bda?upload=true.jpg

So, please, if anyone has anything on how to resolve this issue or any advice for the next step, let me know. Any information needed will be provided.

Thanks.

PS: My laptop is a Dell G5 15, if needed

:)

gursimran jitsingh, May 20, 2020
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, May 20, 2020
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 20, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Window Explorer crashing ambiguously.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Window Explorer crashing ambiguously.

1. Window Explorer crashing ambiguously. - Similar Threads - Window Explorer crashing

2. Windows Explorer crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crash: Explorer is crashing, leaving the following in Event Viewer:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.2913, time stamp: 0x71fdc1b4Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2788, time stamp: 0x2f715b17Exception code: 0xc000071fFault offset:...
  3. Windows Explorer crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crash: Explorer is crashing, leaving the following in Event Viewer:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.2913, time stamp: 0x71fdc1b4Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2788, time stamp: 0x2f715b17Exception code: 0xc000071fFault offset:...
  4. Windows Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Crashing: Hello Community,I wonder if you can help...Many of our users are having problems when opening File Explorer. Simply opening File Explorer causes the window to freeze. Sometime File Explorer comes to life after some time, sometimes it never recovers.Other users can open File...
  5. Windows Explorer Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Crashing: Hello Community,I wonder if you can help...Many of our users are having problems when opening File Explorer. Simply opening File Explorer causes the window to freeze. Sometime File Explorer comes to life after some time, sometimes it never recovers.Other users can open File...
  6. Windows Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes: I am now on w10 pro, 20H2 build 19042.804. Since then (that is only 3-4 days) I have repeated crashes of Windows Explorer. Always same reasons. I attach the report from WinDbg. Can anyone help with this please ? 174247
  7. Windows Explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashes: Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes. I am viewing two windows and moving files from one to another. Hangs up, I close the window, crash. Pls advise. Windows 10 Surface...
  8. Windows Explorer crashing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer crashing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ramzhy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ika3gb/windows_explorer_crashing/
  9. Windows Explorer Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Crash: I have installed windows 10 Ent x64 on my pc and I tell you my hardware Mainboard: Asus P5P45 T-LE CPU: Quad Core 9300 Ram: 4G x2 VGA: GeForce GT 740 HDD: WD Khavari Black 1TB in windows 7-8-8.1 and 10 i have this problem At working suddenly windows explorer crash or...
  10. Windows Explorer crash.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crash.: When I right click, or press CTRL+SHIFT+N to create new folder, Windows Explorer crashes. I have had this OS for 2 days now and am really liking this, although this is an incredible pain. Any help welcome, Thanks. 10287