Windows 10: Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two monitors connected

Discus and support Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two monitors connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two monitors one both 1080p one is 280hz connected with Display Port 1.2 the other is 144hz connected with DVI-D. If I have the Display Port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradleyRawson, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two monitors connected

I have two monitors one both 1080p one is 280hz connected with Display Port 1.2 the other is 144hz connected with DVI-D.

If I have the Display Port monitor set as my primary display, windows explorer freezes when I start up my computer and log in, I then restart it in task manager and it works fine. If I have the DVI-D monitor set as my primary display it works fine, however if I change the DP monitor to my primary display windows explorer also freezes just like if I had restarted my computer with the DP monitor as my primary display.

Everything works just fine if I only have one of them plugged in even if it is using DP.

I have a NVIDIA GTX 970 using the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics drivers, nothing changed. I am using Windows 10 Pro. Please ask for any more useful information.

:)

BradleyRawson, Jun 19, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 19, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two monitors connected wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Frick Win User

Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two monitors connected

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two monitors connected :p

Frick, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two monitors connected

1. Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two monitors connected - Similar Threads - Window Explorer explorer

2. Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer: Hello all,if I rightclick an executable explorer in windows 11 hangs. Only on executables. Rightclick on documents is not a problem.I need for example "compatibility tab" for some older apps to alter scaling.Does anybody has an idea?Yours Holger...
  3. Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - rightclick only on executable *.exe freezes Explorer: Hello all,if I rightclick an executable explorer in windows 11 hangs. Only on executables. Rightclick on documents is not a problem.I need for example "compatibility tab" for some older apps to alter scaling.Yours Holger...
  4. Windows Explorer Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Freezing: Hi I have Windows 10. When I open a folder in explorer and try double clicking on a file to open, the window freezes and says 'not responding'. Please see below. It seems to mainly happen when I click on a .pdf file. It has never happened before. Just started yesterday. I...
  5. Windows Explorer Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Freezing: Hi I have Windows 10. When I open a folder in explorer and try double clicking on a file to open, the window freezes and says 'not responding'. Please see below. It seems to mainly happen when I click on a .pdf file. It has never happened before. Just started yesterday. I...
  6. Windows Explorer freezes after adjusting screen resolution and connection to a monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer freezes after adjusting screen resolution and connection to a monitor: For context: I connected my Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with Windows 10 4K 3840 X 2400 to 2 monitors Acer 2560 X 1440 and Lenovo 1920 X 1080 via a Lenovo docking station to test a separate resolution issue with the monitors. After disconnecting the laptop, the scale was 100% and...
  7. Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two different high refresh rate...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window Explorer explorer.exe freezes on startup with two different high refresh rate...: I have two monitors both 1080p one is 280hz connected with Display Port 1.2 the other is 144hz connected with DVI-D. If I have the Display Port monitor set as my primary display, windows explorer freezes when I start up my computer and log in, I then restart it in task...
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when launching .exe installer file.: Hello, This is a non existential issue but a really boring one. Whenever I try to launch an .exe INSTALLER application, wherever I launched it from freezes for around 5 minutes or more before launching the installer. For exemple when I download a random installer, let's say...
  10. Windows Explorer Freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Freezes: Hi Everyone, I am experiencing random freezing of a Windows Explorer (file manager) window. What this means, is that I cannot click on a file, I cannot minimize, close the window etc. However, I can open another instance (or more) of Windows explorer, that I can open...