Windows 10: Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

Discus and support Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I download iCloud from window store to access the data in iCloud, but when I change the setting of iCloud, the software at task-bar become ‘white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by opih5r, Dec 2, 2023.

1. opih5r Win User

Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

I download iCloud from window store to access the data in iCloud, but when I change the setting of iCloud, the software at task-bar become ‘white paper’ and window said that the software is moved, name changed or deleted when I click it. There are also some problem of the computer: File explorer said the disk wasn’t on the pc and cannot access to the data in the drive meanwhile I can see the data usage in setting.Wallpaper from hard drive gone and become blackSome apps are become normal after restarting but data inside drive still wasn’t accessible.Window search apps system crash when I use i

:)

opih5r, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 2, 2023
  4. Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

1. Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive - Similar Threads - Window file explorer

2. external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...: Hello,I have a serious issue with my external hard drive where i have stored my data, hsitorical photographs etc.I really need the data, so i hope someone can helpWhen i connect my hard disk, I hear that windows sound that hardware is attached. The disk is making for 1-2...
  3. external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...: Hello,I have a serious issue with my external hard drive where i have stored my data, hsitorical photographs etc.I really need the data, so i hope someone can helpWhen i connect my hard disk, I hear that windows sound that hardware is attached. The disk is making for 1-2...
  4. Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive: I download iCloud from window store to access the data in iCloud, but when I change the setting of iCloud, the software at task-bar become ‘white paper’ and window said that the software is moved, name changed or deleted when I click it. There are also some problem of the...
  5. Cannot access File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access File Explorer: While trying to get rid of One Drive, I can only find Documents tied to This PC but it is really OneDrive. I have an acer file folder, but it does not have Documents etc. It has the external drives. etc. BUT... now I cannot access File Explorer at all. It says: this file does...
  6. Cannot access File Explorer

Cannot access File Explorer: While trying to get rid of One Drive, I can only find Documents tied to This PC but it is really OneDrive. I have an acer file folder, but it does not have Documents etc. It has the external drives. etc. BUT... now I cannot access File Explorer at all. It says: this file does...
  7. Cannot access File Explorer

Cannot access File Explorer: My laptop wouldn't start properly yesterday but did eventually. When I logged in as normal all was ok, I checked outlook but it wouldn't load, nor would any MS Excel/Word etc. Also my Kaspersky Password Manager wouldn't work. File Explorer also wouldn't work.I checked for...
  8. Cannot access File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access File Explorer: My laptop wouldn't start properly yesterday but did eventually. When I logged in as normal all was ok, I checked outlook but it wouldn't load, nor would any MS Excel/Word etc. Also my Kaspersky Password Manager wouldn't work. File Explorer also wouldn't work.I checked for...
  9. Cannot access File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. External Hard drive cannot access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive cannot access: Hello, I have stored videos and photo on a maxtor back when I used a mac, before i got it stolen. I recently got a Dell laptop and I haven't been able to access any of the data on the hard drive. I tried going through Computer management > disk management but still can't...