Windows 10: Window Firewall Security Scam?

Discus and support Window Firewall Security Scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am receiving calls from someone who states my firewall security is running out and wants me to update the windows security program. If I want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertGeliske, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Window Firewall Security Scam?

I am receiving calls from someone who states my firewall security is running out and wants me to update the windows security program. If I want to cancel they will refund $200 to any account I give them. My issue is I am not aware of any firewall protection from Microsoft separate from that which is built into Windows 10. Also, I do not give any banking information to anyone who calls me asking for that type of information. One other thing is the caller refuses to just cancel the service and not refund the money but is very aggressive that either provide him with an account number or I will automatically be charged $200. If this is Microsoft then I'm very disappointed they would have an additional charge for firewall security which comes with Windows 10. I am also disappointed that they would use such an aggressive approach over the phone.

:)

RobertGeliske, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User
    Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Window Firewall Security Scam?

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Window Firewall Security Scam?

1. Window Firewall Security Scam? - Similar Threads - Window Firewall Security

2. Security scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security scam: I just got a new PC, and 2 days after setting it up I got a scary security message that locked my screen and played a message.Both the message and the voice requested that I call Microsoft Security at 1 866 284 1311.I couldn't shutdown my computer because the screen was...
  3. This is a Security Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This is a Security Scam: Something took over my computer, said the ssl files were missing. I called the number on the screen <Removed> tech said he was working on my issue and then sent a message on note pad that he wanted 30,000 dollars or he would ruin my life. Then he put are you still there...
  4. Security scam

Security scam: Something took over my computer, said the ssl files were missing. I called the number on the screen 1-309-250-6622 tech said he was working on my issue and then sent a message on note pad that he wanted 30,000 dollars or he would ruin my life. Then he put are you still there...
  5. Security scam

Security scam: Windows Defender and Firewall Security Plan Be aware charge or renewed subscription for above -- $450.00. I do not have that plan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-scam/36ba6924-96ac-47a7-a7f0-563d8658a511
  6. Windows Defender Firewall Scam

Windows Defender Firewall Scam: I Just received this email and called the number. He told me he needed remote access to my computer in order to send me the cancellation notice. Total scam. Anyone else have this issue? Here is the email I received today. Hi, Your subscription for Windows Defender...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall scam

Windows Defender Firewall scam: on my business email i recieved an email saying that my account was going to be charhed $399.00 for the subscription....they were trying to bully me into downloading anydesk to give them remote access to give me a password to uninstall the program with to cancel the...
  8. Security Scam

Security Scam: Is there a way to block this email regarding the security scam update from these people? What do I do with the emails? I have 3 Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-scam/2f48eefa-89e8-4171-8255-58ce306157cb
  9. NETWORK FIREWALL SECURITY scam?

NETWORK FIREWALL SECURITY scam?: I received this today in my email. There is no company name on this. I have not ordered this. What should I do? Dear customer, Thank you, for your order. This is your receipt make sure to save a copy for your records. Your order has been downloaded through online...
  10. Security Scam?

Security Scam?: I have been getting a message that my windows system is damaged. This has come up a few times in the past few weeks when using Microsoft Edge going to well known newspaper websites A screen shot is included. I just exit Edge and it usually doesn't appear for a few days. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch on windows defender firewall