Windows 10: window hello face stopped working

Discus and support window hello face stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have surface laptop 3, Initially the window hello face was working fine but once I updated my laptop it stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Enu-1987, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Enu-1987 Win User

window hello face stopped working

I have surface laptop 3, Initially the window hello face was working fine but once I updated my laptop it stopped working.

:)

Enu-1987, Sep 8, 2020

2. Windows Hello Face stopped working

After installing Windows 10 1909 Update KB4551762 and restarting my M/S Surface Book 2 the Windows Hello Face login would not work. I logged on with my PIN, went to settings/accounts to check my Hello/Face Sign In. Message advises that Windows could not find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face. Prior to the Update Windows Hello Face was working. Would appreciate any feedback on how to resolve this issue

PhoenixBots, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

window hello face stopped working [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 8, 2020
  4. GaryT123 Win User

Windows Hello Face Stopped Working

I bought the surface laptop 3 back in November and hello face was working great. Then one day in February when I open my laptop, it asked for my pin and the the hello face option was no longer listed. In the settings for Hello Face, I get a message saying
    "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more." and directly below that it says "Something went wrong. Try again later." The options for improve recognition and remove are both grayed out. I've reached out via DM and phone call to Microsoft and
    the technician told me it was a recent Windows update that caused the issue. I was told to reinstall windows, which I did and it would fix the problem for a couple of startups on the same day and eventually stops working again. I've reinstalled windows twice
    now and it'll still the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

GaryT123, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. window hello face stopped working - Similar Threads - window hello face

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  4. Windows Hello Face Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Not working: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 series laptop. I recently updated it to the latest windows 10 21h2 version. When opened the windows hello face option it shows this option is currently unavailable. I tried editing in the group policy editor. But the problem didn't resolve....
  5. Hello Face stop working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face stop working: After update camera doesn't work with Hello Face device. Have Device ROOT\WindowsHelloFaceSoftwareDriver\0000 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem142.inf Class Guid: {53d29ef7-377c-4d14-864b-eb3a85769359} Service: WUDFRd Lower Filters: Upper Filters: Problem: 0x15...
  6. Windows Hello Face stopped working

Windows Hello Face stopped working: I have a surface pro 7. I switched back to windows stable build from windows developer preview and now windows hello face cant be configured " We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello". the camera works on all other applications and so I'm sure it not the...
  7. Windows Hello Face Stopped Working

Windows Hello Face Stopped Working: I bought the surface laptop 3 back in November and hello face was working great. Then one day in February when I open my laptop, it asked for my pin and the the hello face option was no longer listed. In the settings for Hello Face, I get a message saying "This option is...
  8. Windows Hello Face stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello Face stopped working: After installing Windows 10 1909 Update KB4551762 and restarting my M/S Surface Book 2 the Windows Hello Face login would not work. I logged on with my PIN, went to settings/accounts to check my Hello/Face Sign In. Message advises that Windows could not find a camera...
  9. windows hello face not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello face not working: hello my windows hello face is not working. when ever i tried to setup hello face it shows [ATTACH] but according to my laptop is compatible of this my laptop is dell vostro 15 3000....
  10. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...