Windows 10: Window hello IR camera keep scanning after Locking computer

Discus and support Window hello IR camera keep scanning after Locking computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As title, after use shortcut Window+L to lock computer, the IR camera keep scanning to log me back in. Please help me to fix this. Computer: Thinkpad... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NamTruong2, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Window hello IR camera keep scanning after Locking computer

As title, after use shortcut Window+L to lock computer, the IR camera keep scanning to log me back in. Please help me to fix this.

Computer: Thinkpad X1 carbon gen 6th.

Thanks in advance.

Nam.

:)

NamTruong2, Mar 24, 2019

2. Can Windows Hello face authentication support 2 IR Cameras

We have a laptop that has an IR Camera with Windows Hello face authentication setup and working, but when the user docks their laptop usually has the lid closed so can't use the built in laptop IR camera. We setup and external IR camera to try and resolve
    this, but it doesn't work the laptop appears to be able to only use 1 IR camera for Windows Hello. If we disable the laptop IR camera the external camera works, but then the laptop IR camera doesn't work when they're mobile. Is there anyway that Windows Hello
    can you both cameras or somehow disable the laptop IR camera when docked?

Randy-Gleason, Mar 24, 2019
  3. SteveG47 Win User
    Scan picture for Windows hello

The ir camera scans faces not pictures for Windows Hello.

SteveG47, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Window hello IR camera keep scanning after Locking computer

Windows Hello cannot "open" the built-in Intel RealSese SR300 camera in my HP Pavilion 27

Good day,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Go to Device Manager.
    • Under System devices, right-click on Microsoft IR camera front and choose
      Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Choose Microsoft IR camera front.
    • Click on Next and let the driver install.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Once done, repeat the said steps but this time choose Camera Windows Hello under
      System devices.

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Window hello IR camera keep scanning after Locking computer

1. Window hello IR camera keep scanning after Locking computer - Similar Threads - Window hello camera

2. Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera: Reccently windows hello has stopped activating the IR camera when setting up facial recognition and when signing in. The normal camera activates green light but the IR camera does not blinking red light. This has happened before and what I did to fix it was uninstalling the...
  3. Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera: Reccently windows hello has stopped activating the IR camera when setting up facial recognition and when signing in. The normal camera activates green light but the IR camera does not blinking red light. This has happened before and what I did to fix it was uninstalling the...
  4. My integrated IR camera is not getting detected by Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My integrated IR camera is not getting detected by Windows Hello: Hi All,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P14s which has an integrated IR camera which is Windows Hello ready. My Windows Hello for Business options such as PIN and Biometrics such as Facial Recognition and Fingerprint was working well for more than a year.But 2 days back my facial...
  5. Help with IR camera used by Windows hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with IR camera used by Windows hello: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P53 laptop with an integrated camera. Under device manager I can see an integrated camera and an Integrated IR camera. Up to about a month ago I was able to use the hello login with face recognition without any trouble. I was getting a RED led...
  6. IR Camera Doesn't Turn on for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IR Camera Doesn't Turn on for Windows Hello: [ATTACH] I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. I get the white...
  7. IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO: I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. I get the white light on top...
  8. IR Camera and Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IR Camera and Windows Hello: I accidently deleted the driver for Windows Hello from the Device Manager of my Lenovo IdeaPad, and now I can't find the biometric on it, nor the IR camera, which I am not sure that it ever had because I didn't delete it. It was supposed to reinstall that driver upon...
  9. Windows Hello IR HD Facial Camera not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello IR HD Facial Camera not working.: Hey there, Microsoft I recently bought an HP Pavilion Laptop 14 ce3006tu. The device has an IR HD Camera. I have reinstalled the drivers 2 times, enable Windows Biometric Service from gpedit.msc, Services app and Registry. But Face Lock is still not working. Plz help. I am...
  10. IR camera stays on for about 10s after signing in on windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IR camera stays on for about 10s after signing in on windows hello: Hi, after I sign in on windows hello, the IR camera stays on for about 10 seconds, it is kind of distracting. I am using two HD IR UVC WebCam with the newest drivers available via the windows automatic search installed. If you could point me to better ones I would be glad...