Windows 10: Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903

Discus and support Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 (enterprise)1903 build 18362.207. I'm trying to setup Windows Hello and Fingerprint with no luck. Every time I'm getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fran_701, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Fran_701 Win User

Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903

I'm running Windows 10 (enterprise)1903 build 18362.207. I'm trying to setup Windows Hello and Fingerprint with no luck. Every time I'm getting the "Something went wrong. Try again later" error. All Windows Hello features worked fine with my machine in previous version of the OS. I've checked the integrity of the system (everything is ok) and played around with the Group Policy options, but nothing seems to help the issue. My laptop comes with a TPM chip. Should I reset it to recover the Window Hello features?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

Fran_701, Jul 1, 2019

2. Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hey guys.

I got a new Lenovo X1 Yoga laptop with a fingerprint scanner, but for some reason Windows Hello won't set up. It worked initially, but I've had to do a few clean installs due to other problems and now it just
    doesn't function at all.

I click on set-up fingerprint. I then enter the fingerprint, and it asks for my windows password before asking me to setup a PIN code. When I enter the PIN code and press 'OK' nothing happens at all. I also
    tried try to do it on a fresh install of windows and it just says 'there was an error creating a pin code.'

I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but can't find one. However, if I want to setup just a PIN without setting up the fingerprint it will let me. If I setup the PIN first and then go to setup fingerprint
    it wo't even show the fingerprint scanner after it asks for my PIN for confirmation.

Any suggestions or help are much appreciated! (I found that many people have this exact same problem with no solution yet)

Specs

Windows 10

i7, 8 GB RAM, etc..

Carlos A Mora, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Billy'M Win User
    Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Thanks for the tip. For clarity if others have this issue steps to resolve were as follows:

1. Remove old PIN and finger print from sign in settings

2. From BIOS change security chip from TPM to Intel PTY

3. From bios erase fingerprint data

4. Setup new pin and fingerprint from wondows hello, it is now working!

Billy'M, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Billy'M Win User

Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hi I have the same laptop model and problem as the original poster.

Initially I had fingerprint sign in working great. One day while in tablet mode I changed sign in method to PIN. Next time I tried to do fingerprint sign in I kept getting a "sorry, PIN is required" message.

I tried removing my fingerprint from windows hello settings and tried to set it back up again, but at this point I have the same issue as OP. That is if my PIN is set and I try to add a fingerprint then after entering my PIN the setup doesn't proceed.

If I remove my PIN and try fingerprint setup it appears to work, goes through all the steps but after recording a fingerprint and setting the PIN, it appears none of the changes are saved in settings.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the fingerprint scanner.

I have tried resetting scanner data from the BIOS.

I have tried manually setting group policy permissions on biometric login to enable.

I have tried creating a new profile.

I have tried running System File Checker to repair corrupted files.

The issues persists... any help greatly appreciated!

Billy'M, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903 - Similar Threads - Window Hello PIN

2. Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails: Hi, i got some new Dell's (Vostro with latest Win 10 Pro 1903 fully patched) and want to enable PIN & Fingerprint for the new users. All Users have Office 365 Pro Plus Emails. The Laptop is online, as i have installed all Updates and Chrome and Web Connection is working...
  3. windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903...: Hi, This is jason. My problem is with the windows hello after the september 4 update. After restarting, the log in window told me to change my pin because it was invalid or something like that. It changed from a four number pin to six number pin. After changing the pin, I...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint fails after sleep/resume after 1903 upgrade

Windows Hello Fingerprint fails after sleep/resume after 1903 upgrade: I've been using a Benss USB fingerprint reader for Windows Hello (Windows 10 Pro) for several months now - and prior to 1903 it worked perfectly - after a resume, it instantly logged me in as soon as the Windows screen appeared and I touched the sensor. Now I can't get it to...
  5. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN: I'm hoping there is an MS moderator on board to review this and act. I've seen this question posted by others and want to reiterate that, as an admin, I am appalled that there is no way to setup fingerprint authentication on a domain computer without also enabling PIN...
  6. Windows 10 Hello Fingerprint

Windows 10 Hello Fingerprint: Hello, How do reset my windows 10 Hello old Fingerprint? i dont have the options "Remove" on the Sign-in options THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hello-fingerprint/d9595d5b-ad3a-4bac-b4b2-7bf47c5b7f55"
  7. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...
  8. Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

Windows Hello Setup Pin not working: Me and my... friend are logging into Microsoft store with secondary accounts on each other's desktop computers. We both have pins to sign in. It prompts us to enter our passwords which we do correctly. It then says "Set up your account with Windows Hello". To continue, we...
  9. windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup: win10 enterprise - new machine that i'm setting up - xps 9560. so - if i try to set up a fingerprint, i just get a flash screen of something opening/closing - too fast to screen-capture or see. yes, i have the synaptics drivers and they appear to be working by device...
  10. Fingerprint windows hello

Fingerprint windows hello: Just got a new HP envy 13. I am trying to set up fingerprint reading login in Windows Hello. I click set up then get started on the next menu, the get started button disappears and the menu remains and doesn't change. I have set up a pin and password and it doesn't prompt me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1 microsofthelloworld.helloworld.www.bing.com

2. Hella.microsoft.com

3. windows 10 1903 pin something went wrong we werent able to set up your pin

4. Hella.microsoft.como,
  5. 1 MicrosoftHelloWORLD.,
  6. 1 MicrosoftHelloWORLD.,
  7. www.bing.comhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/windows-10-camera-does-not-work,
  8. Helloohttps://helloworld.com/,
  9. go to www.bing.comhelloa.,
  10. windows hello fingerprint something went wrong try again later,
  11. go to www.bing.comhttps://helloworld.com/,
  12. windows hello pin something went wrong 1903,
  13. setup pin in windows 10 ,
  14. win10 hello fingerprint,
  15. windows hello pin something went wrong