Windows 10: Window hello status on windows 10 devices

Discus and support Window hello status on windows 10 devices in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is there a regkey that we can refer to check if user has windows hello biometric is setup on a device.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SB_2309, Nov 19, 2019.

1. SB_2309 Win User

Window hello status on windows 10 devices

Is there a regkey that we can refer to check if user has windows hello biometric is setup on a device.

:)

SB_2309, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2019
  3. windows Hello states it isn't available on this device

Hi Tom,

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if you are able to access Windows Hello.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the bio-metric finger print reader from Device Manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Right click on Bio-metric finger print reader, click on
      Properties
    • Go to Drivers tab, click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

For more information refer:
    Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Hello feature for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Window hello status on windows 10 devices

lorraine walsh, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Window hello status on windows 10 devices

1. Window hello status on windows 10 devices - Similar Threads - Window hello status

2. Device status .xml?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device status .xml?: i was scrolling through my pc disk when i found this im wondering if its a virus or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-status-xml/c2de3037-073b-4680-a6b6-3cddc638ca3d
  3. Device status .xml?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device status .xml?: i was scrolling through my pc disk when i found this im wondering if its a virus or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-status-xml/c2de3037-073b-4680-a6b6-3cddc638ca3d
  4. Windows Hello not on my device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello not on my device: I uninstalled windows hello without deleting it in device manager because it was having issues it wouldnt work after my computer went to sleep. Restarting it did not reinstall it. Scanning for hardware changes in system devices did not reinstall it. In settings all the...
  5. Windows 10 Administrator status

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Administrator status: How do I sign in to windows 10 as administrator? I sign in as a local user and administrator, but when I try to delete my old HP printer driver I get a message that says "Must be administrator to delete this app." Makes no sense to me but I cannot install the new software...
  6. Windows 10 activation status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation status: I’ve seen this question asked and answered, but I’m not satisfied, haha! I bought a Windows 10 product in a liquidation lot of customer return items. It has been opened. I would like to be able to resell it if it was only opened, but not installed/activated . In order to do...
  7. Windows license status after unlink device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license status after unlink device: So I want to give my laptop to my nephew. I have read this article but wondering about the Windows license. After I remove my device from my account and reset the device, can the new owner use it like it’s a brand new laptop? My nephew already have another Windows linked to...
  8. Windows Hello Device Driver Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Device Driver Windows 10: Hello, My new HP Spectre 360 laptop used to work perfectly with the Facial Recognition feature with Windows Hello. I have tried updating the biometric driver for Windows Hello, but that did not work. Then I uninstalled the Windows Hello Driver, and rebooted, as has been...
  9. status on windows 10 folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    status on windows 10 folders: Hi there This is more of a windows question I think rather than a surface pro question.... but...they will come next....my first question is this: I copied across some files into my PC folders. The status column was fine showing ticks/refresh but nothing out of the...
  10. Windows hello not is available on this device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hello not is available on this device.: Hello. I have a laptop Inspiron 5459, which in theory is compatible with the Windows application hello but there is no way to activate it. If someone knows a solution very grateful in advance. Best regards. 70805

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window hello status