Windows 10: window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard

Discus and support window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; neither one works....????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joanb501, Apr 14, 2019.

1. joanb501 Win User

window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard

neither one works....????

:)

joanb501, Apr 14, 2019

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 14, 2019
  4. window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard

1. window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard - Similar Threads - window icon task

2. Windows 11 Task bar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task bar Icons: In Windows 11 the new centre-aligned taskbar seems to have what appears to be bars under the icons of the programs I have running, these bars seem to be different sizes and turn blue depending on the program I have active. Could anyone explain what the size of these bars...
  3. Windows 11 Task bar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Task bar Icons: In Windows 11 the new centre-aligned taskbar seems to have what appears to be bars under the icons of the programs I have running, these bars seem to be different sizes and turn blue depending on the program I have active. Could anyone explain what the size of these bars...
  4. task bar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar icons: Here are the icons on one display and:Here is the 2nd display...how do I make the icons on display 2 the larger ones with the names like display 1? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/3e596665-1254-4afa-9bfd-64c831b982c4
  5. Task Bar Icons

Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  6. icons task bar windows 10

icons task bar windows 10: how do I download and put icons on task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-task-bar-windows-10/b136bb28-80bf-4b6a-b737-69cabac98475
  7. Windows icon in task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows icon in task bar not working: I am using Windows 10. Everything was fine last night. I turned my computer off. When I turned it on today, everything normally in my task bar was gone and i cant shut down using the Windows icon at the bottom left of my screen. Also cannot access programs....
  8. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  9. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  10. Task bar Icons

Task bar Icons: Why do icons in my task bar show at several different levels at bottom of screen? They all used to be in one line. How do I realign them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/7eba5fc4-cb50-4913-8a7c-0894a9ae651b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window icon in keyboard

2. task bar key icon

3. windows Installing the driver adds Caps Lock Scroll Lock & Num Lock notification icons to the Task Bar