Windows 10: Window Installer quit working after Window 10 upgrade installation.

Discus and support Window Installer quit working after Window 10 upgrade installation. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help. My windlow installer stopped working after I installed Window 10 upgrades from Window 8. Error message says: Another installer is running.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HaSmith1, Sep 3, 2020.

1. HaSmith1 Win User

Window Installer quit working after Window 10 upgrade installation.

Please help. My windlow installer stopped working after I installed Window 10 upgrades from Window 8. Error message says: Another installer is running. Wait until it is done before installed. There is no other application is installing in my computer. Screen says something like installer registry is corrupted. Need to reinstall installer. I am not sure how. Please help.

:)

HaSmith1, Sep 3, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 3, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Window Installer quit working after Window 10 upgrade installation.

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Window Installer quit working after Window 10 upgrade installation.

1. Window Installer quit working after Window 10 upgrade installation. - Similar Threads - Window Installer quit

2. Audio quit working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio quit working after Windows 10 update: About a week ago I updated windows to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the audio quit working.MSI B550 MOBOI had been using the on board RealTech audio.So I ordered a Xonar SE sound card and installed it. With both units the Device Manager discovered them but in the Sound settings it...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade/install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade/install: I recently purchased a USB copy of Windows 10 home to install on a laptop I received from a family member. However it appears that the Windows 7 that was on that laptop was "not genuine" somehow. And when I plug in my USB to try to start the upgrade process, it tells me my...
  4. word quit working after an update was installed automatically..

in Windows 10 Customization
    word quit working after an update was installed automatically..: "there was an update installed last week which made office not function. I did a repair on office via your website and now it is asking for the account. I bought office from Henry Ford Hospital a few YEARS ago. i dont remember the signin information anymore. my email address...
  5. Asus Touchpad quit working after Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Touchpad quit working after Windows 10 install: So this has been an ongoing issue for 2 years now, and Microsoft is not doing a thing to correct. In fact, they have quit allowing posting of the very topic on their own site. The earlier post had 29,000 views and no solution. I could rewrite all of the problems, or you...
  6. The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Cortana
    The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade, the microphone stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-installed-microphone-stopped-working-after-the/28c90aed-13e7-46df-b6b0-9630eba97052"
  7. Upgrading to windows 10/ installing

Upgrading to windows 10/ installing: Ok to give my situation my pc currently has 1tb hdd that has windows 7 on it along with games etc.. and another 1tb hdd with just games. i recently got a ssd and plan on upgrading to windows 10 now with it. if i were to just launch the iso or upgarde file that microsoft...
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades.

Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades.: A friend called in just as I was having Windows 10 problems. He advised me to stop getting uploads as they cause too many problems. I was sure I should do it, but he told I could revert back to getting upgrades if I wished. I wanted to install a new game which needed the...
  9. Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?: So I have upgraded from W7 to W10. But there is all kinds of annoying bugs and problems that my friend who did a fresh install doesn't have. So I want to just re-install a fresh W10 rather this upgraded version from W7. How can i do this now that I already upgraded? 20799
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation fine but Installed printers don't work

Windows 10 Upgrade Installation fine but Installed printers don't work: I did an Upgrade from W7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 and it worked fine but the three printers attached to the computer no longer work. The print Spooler is stopped and all efforts to restart it fail with Error 0x80070057 "Incorrect parameter". Anyone else have this problem and...