Windows 10: Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and...

Discus and support Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night my computer, just sitting there, went into Windows update mode, then shut itself down. Since that time the keyboard on the computer doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveCroft1, May 17, 2019.

1. Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and...

Last night my computer, just sitting there, went into Windows update mode, then shut itself down. Since that time the keyboard on the computer doesn't work, and the performance is super slow - i.e. clicking the Windows icon and typing in "Control Panel" I have to wait 10 seconds for the screen to display the words I just typed. Is there a way to back out one of these updates?

:)

SteveCroft1, May 17, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 17, 2019
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 17, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and...

1. Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and... - Similar Threads - Window automatically updated

2. Windows keeps destroying itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps destroying itself: Every time I try to clean install windows 10 to my Pc it keeps giving me a BSOD with Kernel Security check failed and critical process died there’s also some others I can’t remember. Windows also just won’t install anymore even after secure erasing my drives. All I know is...
  3. Security Update KB5022834 is destroying my computer performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Update KB5022834 is destroying my computer performance.: I tried everything to stop the update from coming back. But i'm unable to deactivate the scheduler and it keeps coming back. How can I disable the update service forever. Why can't I disable schedule task when I open has administrator. Why do you insist on breaking my...
  4. Security Update KB5022834 is destroying my computer performance.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Update KB5022834 is destroying my computer performance.: I tried everything to stop the update from coming back. But i'm unable to deactivate the scheduler and it keeps coming back. How can I disable the update service forever. Why can't I disable schedule task when I open has administrator. Why do you insist on breaking my...
  5. Security Update KB5022834 is destroying my computer performance.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update destroyed my computer: I am honestly in a lose of words. I have owned a Apple computer since I was 6 years old. I had to switch to a PC for school. I can not describe the the issues with Windows 10. I mean a company like this still can not get it together is sad. The solution...hey just delete...
  7. CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help!: Hi guys, So i ran CCleaner (I've used it for older computers before) and now my computer BARELY works. It's insanely slow, none of my games are working right (very low fps). It's almost unusable. I've tried the following: Going to the CCleaner log in mydocuments and...
  8. Windows Update Destroyed PC Game Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Destroyed PC Game Performance: Hello, Last year, I was playing Witcher 3 up until June, on high graphics settings and it was running smoothly, not lagging once. Yesterday, I reinstalled the game on the same PC, and during fights it lags like hell even on medium graphics settings!! I've reinstalled the...
  9. Is windows update destroying my computer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows update destroying my computer ?: Okay recently i've installed the new windows update Just after rebooting it started being very slow and crashing very easily. It happened to me before when I get from windows 8 to 10 but it wasn't that bad like blue screen of death once a month. And 3 day after installing it...
  10. Update 1903 destroyed performance on my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 1903 destroyed performance on my PC.: After the update, I am getting major frame loss in gamess, programs taking double the time to open, and crazy lag in the desktop. Drivers are updated, no issues with RAM or hardware. Would love to know if there is a fix available because I can't rollback to an older version...