Windows 10: Window keeps changing sizes.

Discus and support Window keeps changing sizes. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I upgraded from 7 to 10 I noticed my browser window wouldn't stay at the size I scaled it to on my main monitor when I dragged and dropped a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Carlc4, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Carlc4 Win User

Window keeps changing sizes.

After I upgraded from 7 to 10 I noticed my browser window wouldn't stay at the size I scaled it to on my main monitor when I dragged and dropped a new tab from my other monitor. Also it keeps dropping it a few pixels away from the left edge.

Here's a screenshot.

Window keeps changing sizes. [​IMG]

If you look at the bottom left corner of the right monitor you'll see the offset and the vertical scaling difference from where I placed it manually. This happens every time I move the window from my left monitor to the right but not the other way around. I think the problem might have something to do with the small size difference between my two monitors.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help.

Edit: Found the solution here.

Solution: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics and look for the value PaddedBorderWidth. Default is -60 and changing it to 0 (with a reboot).

:)

Carlc4, Jul 29, 2015

2. my display keeps changing to difrent sizes

the size of the page keep changing. I am at my wits end. It started after I installed wn 10. Fonts, page everything. from 100 to 150, 200. I keep having to change back to 100, then I lose whatever I may be working on. PLEASE HELP!

kennethbrowning, Jul 29, 2015
  3. my display keeps changing to difrent sizes

Hi Kenneth,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the make and model of the system?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a program?
    I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending
      Display adapters.

• Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Window keeps changing sizes.

1. Window keeps changing sizes. - Similar Threads - Window keeps changing

2. C drive size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive size keeps changing: Every time I go on my computer my storage size on my SSD keeps changing, It may start at 47.9gb and go down to 47.4gb for no reason then go back up to 47.9gb. i know its not a drastic change but it annoys the heck out of me.I already tried deleting temp files and it didn't...
  3. C drive size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive size keeps changing: Every time I go on my computer my storage size on my SSD keeps changing, It may start at 47.9gb and go down to 47.4gb for no reason then go back up to 47.9gb. i know its not a drastic change but it annoys the heck out of me.I already tried deleting temp files and it didn't...
  4. C drive size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Notepad window size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad window size keeps changing: When I open a new page in Notepad, it almost never opens in the same size. One time it might be 5" by 5". The next time, it might be 1" by 1". Is there a way to always have it open at the same size?...
  6. Notepad window size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad window size keeps changing: When I open a new page in Notepad, it almost never opens in the same size. One time it might be 5" by 5". The next time, it might be 1" by 1". Is there a way to always have it open at the same size?...
  7. Medium icon size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Medium icon size keeps changing: Hello, Since a couple of days, the medium size icons are displayed as small icons on my desktop and file explorers. The size switches at random times. After a reboot the icons stay fine (medium size) for a while, but then change to small size. This always happens for URL...
  8. Everything keeps changing size

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything keeps changing size: Windows 10 version 1903 Everything keeps changing size. It seems to be something I'm doing with my touch pad but I can't figure out. There doesn't seem to be a particular part of the screen I have to hit. One minute the icons will fill half the screen and then they are so...
  9. Window 10 keeps changing window sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 keeps changing window sizes: As I always like to work with 2 screens I adjust both my 'windows' to 50%. For example: Firefox on the left, and some (random) folder on my computer on the right. [img] I know that I can drag the windows to the left/right to auto adjust it but that doesn't cut it for me. I...
  10. Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size: Hey all. I'm using windows 10 x64 pro. Whenever i opened my game folder some games icon keep resized. I want all of them big. And all of them have a big icon picture. So this not about small picture. When i opened folder first time everything works fine. All icons size...