Windows 10: Window Keeps Popping Up

Discus and support Window Keeps Popping Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every once in a while, at random intervals, the detail page of my Backup (D:) drive pops up, filling the monitor and overriding whatever is on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ColMac42, Aug 28, 2016.

1. ColMac42 Win User

Window Keeps Popping Up

Every once in a while, at random intervals, the detail page of my Backup (DWindow Keeps Popping Up :) drive pops up, filling the monitor and overriding whatever is on the monitor at the time. The display can be instantly removed by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the monitor.

:)

ColMac42, Aug 28, 2016

2. Window that keeps popping up in E52

A text that asks me to choose my connection keeps coming up every half hour or so, regardless of what I'm doing with the phone. It is the same message as the one you get when you enter the internet. The problem started after I had installed Opera Mini
    5 beta. I have removed the battery, removed Opera and reset the phone but the problem remains.

john121---01, Aug 28, 2016
  3. "Get connected" window keeps popping up on startup.

Just to add to your post. I have installed PC Suite onto two different PCs, both running Windows XP Pro SP3 and Bluetooth. One PC is getting the "Get Connected" wizard starting at boot up. The second PC "seems" to work connectly as the Bluetooth dongle is
    not always connected.

Hope to see a better solution or fix.

Message Edited by yleclerc on 25-Aug-2009 08:01 PM

yleclerc---01, Aug 28, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Window Keeps Popping Up

Maybe it's going to sleep mode and shuts down, after it wakes up it would show as just connected device.

CountMike, Aug 28, 2016
  5. ColMac42 Win User
    Thanks for your response. I do appreciate you trying to help.

But the window pops up and overlays a full screen game while the game is being actively played, which suggests the computer is not going into sleep mode.

ColMac42, Aug 28, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Does your backup include the complete system, including the MBR?

dencal, Aug 28, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Maybe not the computer but drive itself can. Check advanced options in your power plan, there's a setting for disk(s).

Window Keeps Popping Up [​IMG]

CountMike, Aug 28, 2016
  8. ColMac42 Win User

Window Keeps Popping Up

As far as I know it does. I did a full backup onto a formatted (blank) disk on 8/23 using the Windows 7 backup app. I have tried to search for MBR in the save folder, but with no result.

ColMac42, Aug 28, 2016
  9. dencal Win User
    When I stated had you done a complete system backup.....I meant on your "D" Drive....if so that would be the cause of your problem.....if not it could be something else.

dencal, Aug 29, 2016
  10. ColMac42 Win User
    Good thought but the Power Options in my Lenovo 10120 do not offer that range of selections. Limited to Sleep and Shut Down.

ColMac42, Aug 29, 2016
  11. ColMac42 Win User
    The complete system backup was installed on my D: drive.

ColMac42, Aug 29, 2016
  12. ColMac42 Win User
    Oops. Sorry. Found it. It's set to sleep after 20 minutes, which, again, seems to me to not be a problem since the display pops up while a game (or other apps such as Word) is actively being played.

ColMac42, Aug 29, 2016
  13. dencal Win User

Window Keeps Popping Up

Your problem is if as stated above.....you have two master boot records connected up together confusing the computer....causing the switch.
    Solution......Disconnect "D" Drive.

dencal, Aug 29, 2016
  14. ColMac42 Win User
    Well, that might resolve the issue, but it certainly would eliminate any backup capability in the computer.

ColMac42, Aug 29, 2016
  15. ColMac42 Win User
    It finally occurred to me the screen shot you posted showed the "Turn off hard disk after" setting was "Never". I set the setting to "Never" on my PC.

The computer was in use last night for about three hours, and again this morning for over two hours so far. The problem has not recurred. I don't understand why the fix worked, but apparently it has. I am most grateful for your help.

Thank you very much!

ColMac42, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

Window Keeps Popping Up

1. Window Keeps Popping Up - Similar Threads - Window Keeps Popping

2. Window keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window keeps popping up: Whenever i open a microsoft app like excel or word, a window tries to open too. It disappears as soon as it appears so i could never see what's actually trying to open. It only affects microsoft apps nothing else. I've scanned the laptop but nothing is wrong....
  3. Window keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window keeps popping up: Whenever i open a microsoft app like excel or word, a window tries to open too. It disappears as soon as it appears so i could never see what's actually trying to open. It only affects microsoft apps nothing else. I've scanned the laptop but nothing is wrong....
  4. Help Windows keep on popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Windows keep on popping up: I am on windows 11. The help and support pop ups even without propted to. Same thing happens when I open my google chrome. I scanned my laptop multiple times but no virus detected. Its very frustrating and annoying....
  5. Windows PowerShell keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows PowerShell keeps popping up.: Why does this happen? submitted by /u/JoyousCreeper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubvb1x/windows_powershell_keeps_popping_up/
  6. command window keeps popping up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    command window keeps popping up: the command window keeps opening and forcing to minimize the games and i have to open it form the taskbar or it suddenly opens alone without opening any application it shows the path : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\wheadsuand it doesnt shows any commands, it opens and...
  7. Search Window keeps popping up....

in Cortana
    Search Window keeps popping up....: Search Window keeps popping up....How can I stop this from happening???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-keeps-popping-up/96204ca6-4340-47b9-b6b7-d74298556c35
  8. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  9. Windows Installer keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Installer keeps popping up: Good day. Every time I start my PC that runs Windows 10 the Windows Installer window keeps popping up. It can't be closed and it prevents me from using most of the applications on the computer. It also doesn't allow me to download any files with my browsers, popping up each...
  10. windows installer keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows installer keeps popping up: window installer keeps popping up on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up/43f0a721-755e-4702-886f-e950682906b7