Windows 10: Window keeps thinking that it is installed on HDD not SSD

Discus and support Window keeps thinking that it is installed on HDD not SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am having really weird problems with windows 10 pro 2004.My OS is installed on 500GB SSD WD750, My games is installed on 500GB ADATA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PhongHo2, Apr 25, 2021.

1. PhongHo2 Win User

Window keeps thinking that it is installed on HDD not SSD

Hi everyone, I am having really weird problems with windows 10 pro 2004.My OS is installed on 500GB SSD WD750, My games is installed on 500GB ADATA SU800I turn off all of my HDD by HDDSCAN, but everytime I run any Windows utilities paint.exe, calculator Windows wakes all of my HDD upEverytime I lauch games installed on SSD for example when I lauch LOL, clearly I hear my HDD is reading files. When I finish champion selection and go to loading screen, again my HDD is reading files Appearantly is LOL is installed on SSD and there is nothing that it need to access my HDDAlso Google Chro

:)

PhongHo2, Apr 25, 2021

2. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Ammaarqv Win User
    OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

I want to use a new SSD to run my OS on my PC. I have a lot of data on my HDD and dont want it on the SSD but do want to keep it.

I have read that you shouldn't use an external drive that has Windows installed so how would i go about doing what I need?

I.e. get Windows onto the SSD, replace HDD with SSD, use HDD as external drive, and keep data from HDD on HDD.

Thanks!

(P.s. any guides or instructions to any steps would be great but if not then no issue)

Ammaarqv, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Window keeps thinking that it is installed on HDD not SSD

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

Window keeps thinking that it is installed on HDD not SSD

1. Window keeps thinking that it is installed on HDD not SSD - Similar Threads - Window keeps thinking

2. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows: I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this[ATTACH] how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ? I am also using Intel Optane Memory which looks like this [ATTACH] As you can see i have one SSD and one HDD how can know where is...
  3. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD: Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows 10 from the old HDD...
  4. Why Would Windows Think an HDD is an SSD?

Why Would Windows Think an HDD is an SSD?: I recently changed an SSD for a large HDD, but Windows still seems to think that the new drive is an SSD. Does anyone know why this has happened and what I should do to correct the problem? 158332
  5. Installing Windows on m.2 ssd keeping old hdd

Installing Windows on m.2 ssd keeping old hdd: Hi I purchased a new m.2 ssd .I want to install windows 10 on it.But i also want to keep my old hdd for storage (which currently has win 10) .How can I format the old and install win 10 on new ssd? Also link the necessary resources and links please.My dell laptop is...
  6. Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD: I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should start. Recently I...
  7. Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install GOW4 on Games HDD, but keep other Apps on Windows SSD.: JUst as the title suggests. I finally finished GOW3 and GOW Judgement via backwards compatability on my xbox one, and now was install GOW4 on my desktop, but haven't got the space on the SSD(C:\) and want to install the game to my Games HDD. Is there a way to install a...
  8. Migrated to SSD - Windows thinks old HDD is still there!

Migrated to SSD - Windows thinks old HDD is still there!: So, migrated to Crucial SSD in wife's laptop, no problem. Boots in seconds - however when starting system restore, it thinks the old HDD is also still there. It is in configure, the new SSD is there fine, but it also shows the old HDD. I try to delete system restore on...
  9. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...
  10. Upgrading to SSD from HDD thinking Clean install of Windows 10

Upgrading to SSD from HDD thinking Clean install of Windows 10: Hello Everyone, I just bought a new Solid State Drive that should be here Monday. I'm thinking about doing a clean install for my Windows 10 but I'm not sure how I can do this. I cannot find the email where I purchased Windows 10 and I'm not sure what email I used at that...