Windows 10: Window keyboard loop and multiple Win 10 volumes

Discus and support Window keyboard loop and multiple Win 10 volumes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Each update would cause multiple problems so chose metered connection to avoid pushing most of the updates. I mistakenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AygoAV, Jun 23, 2019.

1. AygoAV Win User

Window keyboard loop and multiple Win 10 volumes

Upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Each update would cause multiple problems so chose metered connection to avoid pushing most of the updates. I mistakenly unticked the option and it updated in background while i was working and the update forced a restart, after 20 mins closing down it no longer starts, shows 4 win 10 volumes and unable to format or rollback. I had a TB harddrive untouched with a win 10 OS that i purchased during a previous PC upgrade that I plugged in to try and access my important info, wifi was on and that HD updated in the background and rendered the new HD useless too, its been 6 weeks and my uni work is on there, can anyone help please?

:)

AygoAV, Jun 23, 2019

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Window keyboard loop and multiple Win 10 volumes - Similar Threads - Window keyboard loop

2. Volume with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume with multiple displays: I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I am having an issue that i need some assistance with and I hope someone can help. Q: I have one 32 in ultrawide as my main display and one 27in rotated in portrait mode. The ultrawide is for gaming and YouTube, and the 27in is...
  3. Volume with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume with multiple displays: I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I am having an issue that i need some assistance with and I hope someone can help. Q: I have one 32 in ultrawide as my main display and one 27in rotated in portrait mode. The ultrawide is for gaming and YouTube, and the 27in is...
  4. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?: Hello I have Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. When I connect simultaniously speakers and usb headset, volume control always controls headset only. Even if I choose playback devise as speakers. Could you please advise? Best regards, Mike...
  5. Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Keyboard Volume Keys to control Master Volume?: Hi folks, I have a modern keyboard with dedicated volume control keys. I also have both speakers via 3.5 and a headset via USB always plugged into the PC. I swap between the speakers and headset depending on my activity play and work. However, when I use the keyboard...
  6. Trouble using multiple keyboards in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble using multiple keyboards in Win 10: I recently purchased a new desktop computer with Windows 10 Pro. I need to work with keyboards in 4 different languages 5 including English but I found that the operating system doesn't allow me to call up these keyboards layouts as needed. Most frequently it is the Icelandic...
  7. multiple volumes have windows 10 os??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    multiple volumes have windows 10 os??: when i boot up my pc, i have the screen asking me to choose which installation of windows 10, volume 5, 6, or 7? i don't have any windows.old files on my c drive, and only one os in msconfig. why does it keep doing this? help? thanks...
  8. Windows 10: loop of multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: loop of multiple BSODs: Hello, first I want to say that my PC cannot boot any more, so I have been unable ro run memtest86 or any other software, cause I cannot access Windows any more. Yesterday while I was working on my computer, it suddenly crashed and I had a blue screen. From there, and...
  9. Win 10 extend volume

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 extend volume: Hi all got a problem with an old laptop use to run vista as main os, over time added 8 then 10 upgrade, deleted win vista was slowing system down too much, use as a back up pc to get online as a last resort its slow and old but got me out of some scrapes, (acer 7720G) (like a...
  10. WIN 10 Volume control

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN 10 Volume control: Greetings and thank you for your time. On the bottom right of the task bar, when I click on the volume icon the volume display doesn't appear. Any suggestions would be helpful. 76468