Windows 10: Window+L - Screen lock shortcut

Discus and support Window+L - Screen lock shortcut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All of a sudden the screen lock shortcut doesn't work on my computer. When I input the command, the screen contrast flickers once and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlazerBeavs, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Window+L - Screen lock shortcut

All of a sudden the screen lock shortcut doesn't work on my computer.

When I input the command, the screen contrast flickers once and nothing happens. Appreciate any advise on this, thank you!l

submitted by /u/BlazerBeavs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlazerBeavs, Nov 3, 2020

2. Screen lock shortcut, Windows 10 function?

Before loading Windows 10, I used to lock my computer screen using the shortcut "Windows symbol and the letter "L" Now it doesn't work. Is there a Windows 10 version of this function?

Alphonse.G, Nov 3, 2020
  3. augratin Win User
    Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working

I don't have a 'Winlogon' folder in my 'CurrentVersion' folder:

Window+L - Screen lock shortcut [​IMG]

I will check when I get home, where the SP4 is. Presently I am at work with the SP3 (where the Alt+L hotkey is working properly) and I don't have a 'lock' option in the start menu/shutdown box:

Window+L - Screen lock shortcut [​IMG]

But I do see it when I Ctrl+Alt+Del.

I tried Alt+F4 but it opened a new browser tab in place of this one (forcing me to retype all of this because the forum didn't save it). I will check on the SP4 when I get home.

augratin, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Window+L - Screen lock shortcut

Unable to Proceed from Lock Screen without Keyboard

Hi Vashi,

No 3rd party security software on my PC, just Windows Defender.

I suppose you meant "enabled" in your suggested step 4. (One of those double negative things...) It was in "disabled" state when I followed your steps. I "enabled" that option and now my Lock Screen is back to normal. It
    works!

But could you please confirm if this means that in the case of a hybrid device running on Win10, like Surface Pro 4, the "Win + L" shortcut combination should not be used to lock the PC, lest it activate in the background settings the CTRL+ALT+DEL requirement
    at the Lock Screen?

Thanks!

Petrus Lin, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Window+L - Screen lock shortcut

1. Window+L - Screen lock shortcut - Similar Threads - Window+L Screen lock

2. Lock screen Windows+L is not working, i am unable to lock my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen Windows+L is not working, i am unable to lock my laptop.: Windows 11 support for lenovo yoga slim 7 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-windowsl-is-not-working-i-am-unable-to/5ca310da-6927-417d-94e4-8fe8954e98b6
  3. Lock screen Windows+L is not working, i am unable to lock my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen Windows+L is not working, i am unable to lock my laptop.: Windows 11 support for lenovo yoga slim 7 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-windowsl-is-not-working-i-am-unable-to/5ca310da-6927-417d-94e4-8fe8954e98b6
  4. touchpad gesture custom shortcut window+L is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad gesture custom shortcut window+L is not working?: I just created a touchpad gesture in Windows 11 but I have that every custom shortcut is working properly except window+L for locking the windows my touchpad is working properly just there is only one shortcut window+L is not working only, add i have not installed any other...
  5. touchpad gesture custom shortcut window+L is not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad gesture custom shortcut window+L is not working?: I just created a touchpad gesture in Windows 11 but I have that every custom shortcut is working properly except window+L for locking the windows my touchpad is working properly just there is only one shortcut window+L is not working only, add i have not installed any other...
  6. windows 10 Win + P shortcut intertwined with Win + L shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Win + P shortcut intertwined with Win + L shortcut: hey, I ran into the problem where when I press the Win + L command it locks the screen but also pops up the projection page from when you press Win + P. I updated recently and it has only happened since then but I was wondering if there was any way to stop this happening. i...
  7. Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start+L (lock computer) keyboard shortcut no longer working: As the title says, in my Surface Pro 4 (the latest one released in 2018), the start+L keyboard shortcut no longer works. This shortcut still works in my other Surface Pro 3. This started happening a few weeks ago. I've found (elsewhere online) some users have reported that...
  8. Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L

in Windows 10 Support
    Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L: Hello everyone. I have the following issue that I'm unable to find solution for. I use two languages on my computer. One is English and the secondary language is Croatian. After logging on my laptop, I always switch language to Croatian with using windows + spacebar. So...
  9. how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?: Hi, I sometimes connect to my Windows 10 PC at my work place from home. When I was using Windows-7(work place PC), I was able to select the menu button (lower-left) and select 'Lock Screen' menu from the shutdown sub-menu. I recently received a new desktop PC which is...
  10. Lock user screen (win+L)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock user screen (win+L): Hello, What is then "shutdown" command line to do that? Not the /L i need to block not to logoout, thanks. 93916