Windows 10: Window licence is Showing VOLUME not OEM

Discus and support Window licence is Showing VOLUME not OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 330s laptop with a licenced Windows 10 Home SL, but on checking the expire date using command line in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KartikeyPandey1, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Window licence is Showing VOLUME not OEM

I have recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 330s laptop with a licenced Windows 10 Home SL, but on checking the expire date using command line in command prompt: slmgr/xpr showing expire date of 19/04/2019 but it should show activated permanently also on using slmgr/dli I am getting message in which the licence of windows is VOLUME rather than OEM

Also, I have purchased my laptop for personal and home use.

Please help me with this.

Attaching Google drive link for screenshot

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15INR7CG29SWzawIET8go3_WYa85gRIPW/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1457tTZT1kyenwRQGnTnV9svIMawxkeTU/view?usp=sharing

:)

KartikeyPandey1, Mar 6, 2019

2. Is it compulsory to purchase volume licence for business use, can we use OEM licence for business

Hello, I have query regarding windows licence

Is it compulsory to purchase volume licence for business use, can we use OEM licence for business

AnupamSaini, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Vulcan Win User
    Updated to 1803 via Windows Update - now D: OEM partition is showing

Here's how you remove it from OEM partition. Let's assume in this scenario that the OEM partition has letter F and it's listed as Volume 4. Here are the steps:

1. Do a search for cmd and right click it and run As Administrator.
    2. Type the following commands one by one (hit Enter after each one of them):

> diskpart
    > list volume
    > select volume 4
    > remove letter=F

Done.

Vulcan, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Window licence is Showing VOLUME not OEM

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Window licence is Showing VOLUME not OEM

1. Window licence is Showing VOLUME not OEM - Similar Threads - Window licence Showing

2. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows OEM licencing: WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD...
  3. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows OEM licencing: WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD...
  4. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 OEM licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM licence: Hi,I need some clarification. I have read that OEM licence should be preinstalled by system builder on PC. My question is this, if i dont buy PC as whole , rather i buy components that they shop will put together and I buy OEM licence in same shop does that qualify legaly...
  6. Volume licence

Volume licence: Hi ,Due to covid 19 which results in work from home My company give me volume license of window 10 and window 7 to use at home I am working well no problem but I had a doubt that if I download any file or do any web search then will it be seen by my company or not....
  7. OEM Licences

OEM Licences: I have a registered non-oem license for win 10 pro and an OEM win 10 pro on a newer laptop. I cannot access the original details as the hdd gave up. Is there any way to obtain the original registration details from Microsoft? Can a retail licence activate an oem on a new...
  8. WIndows EDU and OEM Licence

WIndows EDU and OEM Licence: My Son has a Dell Laptop that came with OEM Windows 10. He has purchased a desktop, and wanted to activate his Edu Windows licence. His MSFT account says the licence was already activated 2 years ago, which would be when he got his laptop. There should have been no need to...
  9. oem licence

oem licence: somehow my windows 10 product id has been changed. i dont know how to get my original OEM product id. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-licence/7a0f0577-11cb-4d23-8bf6-9f1fc4da58f2
  10. OEM Licence

OEM Licence: I have two question about my Windows 10 OS 1st- Since I'm willing to replace my HP damaged motherboard with a same HP model (used but working) motherboard, does my Windows licence expires due to internal serial number or version of the replace motherboard? 2nd- Suppose I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows showing volume instead of oem