Windows 10: Window Location (multiple screens)

Discus and support Window Location (multiple screens) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to either find a setting or a tool to fulfill my request. For years I've been irritated by one small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thebritton, May 26, 2017.

1. Window Location (multiple screens)

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to either find a setting or a tool to fulfill my request.

For years I've been irritated by one small issue with Windows, and that is window location. If you have multiple screens, I feel it should be standard procedure to place the window on the screen you opened it from.

Is there any tool or registry tweak that would allow this?

Thanks.

:)

thebritton, May 26, 2017

2. Multiple screens, multiple backgrounds

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background

Click in the Background listbox

Click Picture

Right click the picture you want in the 'Choose your picture' gallery, then choose the display monitor you want it on.

If you need more help, please continue to engage with us. We want to help you through this.

Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2017
  3. Multiple screens, multiple backgrounds

I use three monitor displays for work. I have my computer setup to show different backgrounds on my monitors to give me variety. I really hate the shuffle feature when showing different backgrounds. I want to keep displaying multiple backgrounds, but do
    not want the shuffle. Is there a way to disable shuffle and keep different backgrounds? If not, please fix this issue.

Thank you in advance!

StephenMcMullin, May 26, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Window Location (multiple screens)

The deciding factor is on which display a program / app was last closed. By default program windows open on that display.

Thema:

Window Location (multiple screens)

1. Window Location (multiple screens) - Similar Threads - Window Location multiple

2. Remember window location on Multiple Monitors in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Remember window location on Multiple Monitors in Windows 11: [IMG]Are you fond of operating multiple monitors simultaneously? The use of more than two tabs at a time has become an incredibly popular feature of Windows 11. The major issue with Windows 10 multi-window feature was of losing the position of tabs. Rapid Hot Plug Detect...
  3. Multiple screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple screens: I have two screens attached to my Dell XPS running Windows 10. On the second screen I have a built in camera. Is it possible to activate this camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-screens/050f8d12-1785-4823-b266-12cd1f59154e
  4. Multiple Screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Screens: I have a Lenovo Yoga trying to connect properly to secondary HP S2031 screen. The display on the secondary screen is magnified so that I can only see about 60% of what is on my laptop screen. How can I fix this?...
  5. Multiple monitors, multiple locations

Multiple monitors, multiple locations: My almost new HP Windows 10 laptop has two monitors, the one that came with it and another larger LG attached with an HDMI cable. The PC locks when I step away from it because it's keyed to the Bluetooth on my phone plus I use my fingerprint to log in, usually. When I return...
  6. Open Multiple Windows in Specific Locations on Program Launch

Open Multiple Windows in Specific Locations on Program Launch: I would like to know if it is possible to set a program to open multiple windows in specific location when the program launches. Specifically I would like Microsoft Outlook to open 3 mailboxes and a calendar, each snapped to half the screen in different locations. I would...
  7. Multiple Screens

Multiple Screens: Hello, My 5 year old daughter jumped on my computer and has pressed something. I now have a small display screen (of the main screen) in the top left hand corner of my display. I cannot get rid of it. Any ideas? Cheers, Wayno....
  8. multiple error codes in applications & locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple error codes in applications & locations: I don't know what's happening with my HP Computer, but I'm constantly getting these errors today. I've only been working with my Logitech mouse to function properly and then all this happened. 0xe000008, location 0x00007FFB50AF9129; 0x0000142, location 7FFC842D9129;...
  9. Multiple locations in Weather App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple locations in Weather App?: Is it possible to have and view multiple locations in the weather app? 14757
  10. Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations: Hi, I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish.. I have 2 .txt files (Locations.txt | Files.txt) Locations is a list of directories Files is a list of file names I would like to...