Windows 10: Window Location (multiple screens)

Discus and support Window Location (multiple screens) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to either find a setting or a tool to fulfill my request. For years I've been irritated by one small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thebritton, May 26, 2017.

1. Window Location (multiple screens)

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to either find a setting or a tool to fulfill my request.

For years I've been irritated by one small issue with Windows, and that is window location. If you have multiple screens, I feel it should be standard procedure to place the window on the screen you opened it from.

Is there any tool or registry tweak that would allow this?

Thanks.

:)

thebritton, May 26, 2017

2. Multiple screens, multiple backgrounds

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background

Click in the Background listbox

Click Picture

Right click the picture you want in the 'Choose your picture' gallery, then choose the display monitor you want it on.

If you need more help, please continue to engage with us. We want to help you through this.

Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2017
  3. Multiple screens, multiple backgrounds

I use three monitor displays for work. I have my computer setup to show different backgrounds on my monitors to give me variety. I really hate the shuffle feature when showing different backgrounds. I want to keep displaying multiple backgrounds, but do
    not want the shuffle. Is there a way to disable shuffle and keep different backgrounds? If not, please fix this issue.

Thank you in advance!

StephenMcMullin, May 26, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Window Location (multiple screens)

The deciding factor is on which display a program / app was last closed. By default program windows open on that display.

Thema:

Window Location (multiple screens)

1. Window Location (multiple screens) - Similar Threads - Window Location multiple

2. Multiple Display Screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Display Screens: I have added an additional monitor and want that to be my primary screen. Followed the instructions on Windows 10 but have to keep the laptop ajar otherwise the laptop shuts down. Any suggestions?...
  3. Multiple Screens

Multiple Screens: Hello, My 5 year old daughter jumped on my computer and has pressed something. I now have a small display screen (of the main screen) in the top left hand corner of my display. I cannot get rid of it. Any ideas? Cheers, Wayno....
  4. multiple error codes in applications & locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple error codes in applications & locations: I don't know what's happening with my HP Computer, but I'm constantly getting these errors today. I've only been working with my Logitech mouse to function properly and then all this happened. 0xe000008, location 0x00007FFB50AF9129; 0x0000142, location 7FFC842D9129;...
  5. multiple screens

multiple screens: I have multiple screens how do i get an application to always use the same screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-screens/419d10e3-98a7-4f7c-96bf-05551b4857fe
  6. location of screen slides

location of screen slides: Where to find desktop slide show locations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-screen-slides/217c8d3d-8924-4467-b3e2-cc0c4aaebb8d
  7. Multiple screens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple screens: I cannot split two displays and had the mouse work in both https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-screens/5a38e69b-c0dd-45f8-a60d-29f36f880da2
  8. Multiple screen assignment

Multiple screen assignment: how do I put screen 1 on the left and screen 2 on the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/multiple-screen-assignment/2b64abea-8b06-479c-88c2-9d5bffe5f13b
  9. Multiple locations in Weather App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple locations in Weather App?: Is it possible to have and view multiple locations in the weather app? 14757
  10. Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations: Hi, I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish.. I have 2 .txt files (Locations.txt | Files.txt) Locations is a list of directories Files is a list of file names I would like to...