Windows 10: Window Maximization Issue

Discus and support Window Maximization Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Been having this issue for a while. When maximizing windows or starting a program that is already maximizes will make it do this. It's mostly Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/emmanuell2025, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Window Maximization Issue

Been having this issue for a while. When maximizing windows or starting a program that is already maximizes will make it do this. It's mostly Chrome that does it occasionally (can be fixed by pressing F11 twice) but Windows apps (like calculator and photos) do the same thing

Couldn't find another post addressing this so hopefully not a duplicate

https://imgur.com/a/L2nL3uJ

Windows 10 Pro 1909
    Ryzen 5 2600X
    GTX 1060

submitted by /u/emmanuell2025
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/emmanuell2025, Dec 5, 2019

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Window Maximization Issue

Unable to maximize a window after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you're facing issue in Maximizing the Windows. Suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if it helps.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Window Maximization Issue

1. Window Maximization Issue - Similar Threads - Window Maximization Issue

2. Windows 11 Photo Viewer Issue - Maximizing Images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photo Viewer Issue - Maximizing Images: Hello everyone.I recently updated Windows 11 to its latest version, but now I find a problem that wasn't there before.When I open one image using the Windows Photo Viewer, there are no problems. But when I have one open and minimize it, and then I open a different image, the...
  3. Windows 11 Photo Viewer Issue - Maximizing Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photo Viewer Issue - Maximizing Images: Hello everyone.I recently updated Windows 11 to its latest version, but now I find a problem that wasn't there before.When I open one image using the Windows Photo Viewer, there are no problems. But when I have one open and minimize it, and then I open a different image, the...
  4. Maximized Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximized Window: How do you fix this?Basically when I drag a window. no matter where I place it on the screen. it will always go maximize. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximized-window/ca519072-6775-4af9-b11f-ff5c83203682
  5. [ISSUE] Maximized Apllication Windows, bleeding into second monitor

[ISSUE] Maximized Apllication Windows, bleeding into second monitor: Hello, certain application when maximized are bleeding 1-2 Pixels into my second monitor. Setup: Two 27 Inch Monitor one running with 144hz and 1920x1080 the other with 60hz and 1920x1080 Tried everything i could think of and everything the threads which i found by...
  6. Maximizing windows

Maximizing windows: How can one open files in File Explorer in maximum window size? I have tried every suggestion and they are only in small squares and unreadable. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximizing-windows/774de022-c69a-4b85-9e02-9f9ef94aa835
  7. [ISSUE] Maximized Apllication Windows, bleeding into second monitor

[ISSUE] Maximized Apllication Windows, bleeding into second monitor: Hello, certain application when maximized are bleeding 1-2 Pixels into my second monitor. Setup: Two 27 Inch Monitor one running with 144hz and 1920x1080 the other with 60hz and 1920x1080 Tried everything i could think of and everything the threads which i found by...
  8. Browser window maximized - issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser window maximized - issue with multiple monitors: Windows version 2004 Build: 19041.329 This issue seems to happen with every browser. So, when I maximize the browser window and have nothing open on Monitor #1, There is this weird overlap that happens on the bottom of the taskbar. It's like the browsers aren't actually...
  9. Issue with minimizing and maximizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with minimizing and maximizing games: So i ran into an issue some time ago. When i minimize and then maximize a game, a small box with the games name and its icon appears in the top left corner on my desktop for a few seconds, then the screen goes black, and then the game finally opens. They used to load...
  10. Windows 10 slow minimizing/maximizing issue & search issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 slow minimizing/maximizing issue & search issue.: Hello! I upgraded to Windows 10 today. I have two issues. 1. I play a game called "Starcraft II" and I have a problem with the game minimizing and maximizing sometimes very slowly, every 5th attempt or so. During this time it takes up to 40 seconds for the game to go...