Windows 10: Window Media Player Can't Get Album Info

Discus and support Window Media Player Can't Get Album Info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dunno when this happened, was ok after the initial W7 -> W10 change, but when i try and rip an album now i just get a Not Found page about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wolfie138, Oct 14, 2016.

1. wolfie138 Win User

Window Media Player Can't Get Album Info

Dunno when this happened, was ok after the initial W7 -> W10 change, but when i try and rip an album now i just get a Not Found page about redir.metaservices.
    googled a bit, most answers are years old, others report no effect, and what i've tried [checking privacy settings etc] don't work. any help would be appreciated.

TIA

:)

wolfie138, Oct 14, 2016
  2. johnxylo Win User

windows media player

After I installed windows 10, media player no longer finds album info automatically. When I right click on a track and then click find album info I get a this page can't be displayed message for the redir.metaservices.microsoft.com page.

johnxylo, Oct 14, 2016
  3. N8 Music Player

A couple of problems/annoyances I have encounted with the music player are:

You can't select an an individual artist only, it can only be artist and album. Not good if you have multible albums of the artist.

If you have more than one album of the same name but differnt artist, ie "Greatest Hits"

all the artist are listed together under "Greatest Hits"

Cannot edit info and update album art.

Not all info on Windows Media Player is transfered when using sync option.

Screensaver cannot be disbled for media player only.

witto---01, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Window Media Player Can't Get Album Info

I had that problem, I turned out to be a firewall issue. If you turn your firewall of temporarily i think you'll find it now works.

Hearsepilot, Oct 16, 2016
  5. wolfie138 Win User
    yeah, i'm not turning off my protection. never needed it before, if there's no other fix i'll just get something other than WMP.
    turning off protection to get something to work should NEVER be a solution.

wolfie138, Oct 16, 2016
  6. I never said to turn it off permanently, just for test purposes.

7. The actuall cure as i recall was to toggle the option for unsigned activex controls

8. wolfie138 Win User

not a fix i've seen anywhere on google etc.

wolfie138, Oct 17, 2016
  9. Crack on then, sort it yourself.

Hearsepilot, Oct 17, 2016
  10. Are you going to share what the cure was for other potential sufferers?

Hearsepilot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Window Media Player Can't Get Album Info - Similar Threads - Window Media Player

2. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  3. Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player cannot find album info with Commercial CD's: So just yesterday I borrowed Simon & Garfunkel's entire Discography from my local library and- what Ive found is my windows media player does not retrieve any album info or its album cover for that matter.Thus far ive tried Deleting its cache, reinstalling the media player,...
  4. "Adding" album art and info to a CD with Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Adding" album art and info to a CD with Windows Media Player?: i have a promo CD of an unreleased song, "Naked" by Melodi Brown, and when i try to play it on a PC that has never seen the CD before using media player, it will say the CD is that of "Sexy Love" by Ne-Yo. this isn't that much of an issue because i already know i can change...
  5. "Adding" album art and info to a CD with Windows Media Player?

"Adding" album art and info to a CD with Windows Media Player?: i have a promo CD of an unreleased song, "Naked" by Melodi Brown, and when i try to play it on a PC that has never seen the CD before using media player, it will say the CD is that of "Sexy Love" by Ne-Yo. this isn't that much of an issue because i already know i can change...
  6. Media Player album art

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player album art: Where has the paste album art option in Windows Media Player gone? Is the now another way to add the desired album cover? A lot of the stuff I need isn't available for digital sale anywhere so info can't be found by the media player. Old demo tapes from very obscure, and...
  7. windows media player "find album info"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player "find album info": i have Windows10, media player, i want to rip cd and convert to mp3. However, i can't get album info when i click on "find album info" how do i rectify this? It was working until a couple months ago....
  8. Windows Media Player with wrong Find Album Info link

Windows Media Player with wrong Find Album Info link: My Computer just did the latest update to Windows 10, version 1809, then all of a sudden whenever I go into Windows Media Player and go into Find Album Info the Find Album Info Cache link is musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com instead of the usual...
  9. Media Player - 'find album info' not working

Media Player - 'find album info' not working: Hello This past month, Media Player has ceased being able to locate album information for audio CDs. It used to work, but now it doesn't. When I request that it finds album info, the Internet Explorer 'website cannot be found' error is displayed. The CDs I am using are...
  10. Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue

Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue: I know that the Solution of the Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue has been sovled many times but I still don't know how to do the steps can anyone please just make a youtube video guide on how to fix the Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue because so far...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find album info in media player win 10

2. Windows Media Player 12 the page cant be displayed update album info

3. getting rid of musicmatch xboxlive in windows media player 10