Windows 10: Window not detecting second screen

Discus and support Window not detecting second screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It was working fine before the recent update. I've tried disabling/enabling the driver, update the driver, re-installing the driver, manually detect on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/91837throwaway, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Window not detecting second screen

It was working fine before the recent update. I've tried disabling/enabling the driver, update the driver, re-installing the driver, manually detect on the display setting, change HDMI cable, and nothing worked. please help

submitted by /u/91837throwaway
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/91837throwaway, Sep 17, 2020

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Can't detect second screen

Windows can't detect my second monitor. The monitor has an VGA connection and my laptop an HDMI connection, so I'm using an HDMI to VGA adapter.

• My computer: Lenovo IdeaPad S340
    • My Windows version: Windows 10 Home
    • Updated: I run windows update, the version is the last one

Here's what I tried:

• Unplug the cable and plug it again, one minute later
    • Unplug the screen from power and plug it again one minute later
    • Went to windows configuration and tried to "detect" screen, but it can't detect any screen. Here's what I can see:
    Windows can't find the second monitor:

Window not detecting second screen 64bd5a14-e38b-46ff-8e1e-7fc39bf8dba0?upload=true.png

I can see different options for configuration, but only "show in screen 1" works. The other ones show an error message:

Window not detecting second screen d2b7f1ab-ec82-498d-b08d-670d569585ab?upload=true.png

If I go to "advanced settings", I can find the second screen, but it says it is "inactive":

Window not detecting second screen c3d9b599-f3cc-4c43-aaae-03782ee98234?upload=true.png

• In the device manager, I can find under screen adapters "Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics". Under monitors I can find "Monitor PnP genérico" (integrated monitor) and Fujitsu SL22W-1 LED (second monitor).
    • I enabled and unabled those devices
    • I updated the controlers for those devices
    • I uninstalled and reinstalled those devices
    • I restarted Windows after every change

And so far, nothing is making Windows to work also on the second monitor.

However, I tried with another computer and with the same second monitor, and it is working correctly. On this other computer, I tried both a direct VGA connection and a VGA-(Adapter VGA/HDMI)-HDMI connection. Both worked correctly. So, the problem is not
    on the second monitor nor in the adapter.

Could you please provide with some hints or solutions to this problem? Thank you.

XavierC123, Sep 17, 2020
  4. LAPIII Win User

Window not detecting second screen

Windows won't detect by second display.

I have my monitor and TV connected to my GPU. In Display Settings, under Rearrange your displays I have the 2nd highlighted. Clicking the Detect button will render: Code:
    It isn't listed in Devices:

Window not detecting second screen [​IMG]

Nor Sound:

It is listed in Control Panel:

LAPIII, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Window not detecting second screen

1. Window not detecting second screen - Similar Threads - Window detecting second

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  4. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  5. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  6. windows not detecting second monitor

windows not detecting second monitor: I have my Lenovo connected to a docking station connected to my two monitors but they are displaying identically. The "Detect" button does nothing to help me separate them. Can anyone please help?...
  7. Can't detect second screen

Can't detect second screen: Windows can't detect my second monitor. The monitor has an VGA connection and my laptop an HDMI connection, so I'm using an HDMI to VGA adapter. My computer: Lenovo IdeaPad S340 My Windows version: Windows 10 Home Updated: I run windows update, the version is the last one...
  8. second screen wont detect

second screen wont detect: Hi. Just trying to set up a second screen for my desktop pc. I have one VGA port in the PC, so bought a vga splitter. Plugged both in, main monitor works as it should, second monitor mirrors the main monitor and has the wrong resolution. Ive rebooted the PC, ive updated my...
  9. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...
  10. Windows will not detect second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not detect second display: So I have a custom built desktop with two monitors (ultrawide 2560x1080 displayport, and 1920x1080 DVI) hooked up to an XFX Radeon GTR RX 480 Everything worked fine until I recently moved everything in my PC over to a new case. When I started my computer, the BIOS and...