Windows 10: window.old folder created in c drive and it used all memory of c drive and i am unable to...

Discus and support window.old folder created in c drive and it used all memory of c drive and i am unable to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; window.old folder created in c drive and it used all memory of c drive and i am unable to delete it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ARUN GUPTA_83, Oct 20, 2020.

1. window.old folder created in c drive and it used all memory of c drive and i am unable to...

window.old folder created in c drive and it used all memory of c drive and i am unable to delete it

:)

ARUN GUPTA_83, Oct 20, 2020
  2. gs99 Win User

User folders in root C: drive

In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated:

• Intel
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Users
    • Windows
    Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive?

On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for applications.

E.g. Is there an advantage when new Windows software is installed?

3. Techtu Win User
    Change partition as system and to drive C

As far as I'm aware Windows is mostly used as the C drive, therefore it is unable to delete itself so to speak, I'd recommend using your Windows installation disc and reinstalling the OS of your choice onto the known C drive. and whilst using the Windows disc delete/format the other drives/partitions to what you want/need.

EDIT: just read your Win7 disc is screwed... how about cloning your Win7 installtion to the current C drive? However I don't think this will be as effective in the long term due to your drive setup and also will no doubt leave the Vista files.

Techtu, Oct 20, 2020
  4. window.old folder created in c drive and it used all memory of c drive and i am unable to...

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

window.old folder created in c drive and it used all memory of c drive and i am unable to...

1. window.old folder created in c drive and it used all memory of c drive and i am unable to... - Similar Threads - window old folder

2. Unable to create C Drive partition via Diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to create C Drive partition via Diskpart: I just had a nasty virus attack which wiped out my C Drive. Hence I am wanting to keep my other partitions and just create my C Drive and repair install my Windows. But Diskpart for some reason is not allowing me to create the C Drive. Can someone please tell me where I am...
  3. C:/ Drive No Access At All

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:/ Drive No Access At All: I Have Tried Multiple Ways To Gain Access Back To My Main User Account And Non Of Them Have Worked Each Time "Access Is Denied" Even With Administror Account and Safe Mode Control Panel. I Accidently Disabled All Permissions But Read On My leepa user account on c drive and...
  4. Unable To Extend C Drive

Unable To Extend C Drive: Hi, I have been trying to extend my C boot drive using the disk management tool, as it only has 120gb, where as my D data drive has 900gb. However, though I can shrink the D drive, it won't allow me to extend the volume of the C drive. I've downloaded various partition...
  5. Weird folder on C: drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird folder on C: drive: [ATTACH] Hello Any ideas why that folder appeared on my C: drive? I scanned it and it doesn't seems to be virus https://preview.redd.it/f10gjs5yfsr41.png?width=363&format=png&auto=webp&s=9ecccb35208609238282ad8769e2e39aedb7e6b8 submitted by /u/Adewi0 [link]...
  6. Unable to extend C drive

Unable to extend C drive: I have a laptop, I believed I had one disc with to partitions but I now believe I have 2 discs. My C drive is nearly full, I have deleted D drive its now showing as unallocated space. I deleted thinking I could extend but that's not the case. So now I have 250 GB of space I...
  7. C drive memory

C drive memory: On a Surface Pro X , I have not installed any of my personal files and I am still down in my C drive memory by 90Gb. As far as I can see the applications are taking about 36 Gb. Where is the rest of the hard drive memory going? Thanks...
  8. using I: drive instaed of C:?

in Windows 10 Customization
    using I: drive instaed of C:?: I keep getting the message. "low disk space" and it indicates the I: drive. Shouldn't i be using the C; drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-i-drive-instaed-of-c/5cb2cdd0-046a-410d-aa12-1ac0f5214c87
  9. C: drive folder sharing?

C: drive folder sharing?: Hi all - I have a Win10 desktop for gaming/more complicated work and a HP Laptop running Linux Mint MATE 18.3. I'm having an issue with folder sharing on Win10? I've got two folders shared from my Win10 machine - the Shared Folder (which is at the default Windows location...
  10. Window old directory in C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Window old directory in C drive: Hi All, After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade program from MS, the old windows 7 installation has been moved a folder call Windows.old. I am not sure if this is for reverting back to Windows 7 in case Windows 10 installation fails or for some...