Windows 10: Window on update 0% with cannot startup

Discus and support Window on update 0% with cannot startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Sir, I put my laptop in sleep mode and go for dinner. After 3 hrs when I come back and on the laptop, it keep restarting but never startup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wjooi, Mar 7, 2021.

1. wjooi Win User

Window on update 0% with cannot startup

Hi Sir,

I put my laptop in sleep mode and go for dinner. After 3 hrs when I come back and on the laptop, it keep restarting but never startup. Before that I was doing study, read PDF file, google for learning material and use google translate, never download any software or app.

The message prompted on screen is "Working on updates 0%. Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while. Your PC will restart several times."

This message is flashing every fast until I need to take a video to capture it. The window is keep auto restart, this message will prompt one time for every restart cycle. Every restart duration is about 11 secs.

Below is the image for your reference.

Window on update 0% with cannot startup 0b1dd875-188f-498a-8022-9e2f1e6a1123?upload=true.jpg

Please help! Thanks.

Best and Regards

Ooi Woan Jen

:)

wjooi, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 7, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Mar 7, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Window on update 0% with cannot startup - Similar Threads - Window update cannot

2. Windows Update Startup Type Cannot Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Startup Type Cannot Change: Hi I'm already desperate to solve this problem. I want to do Windows Update but it always error. It's always disabled by itself. Please help me because this is urgent. Thank you...
  3. Windows Update Startup Type Cannot Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Startup Type Cannot Change: Hi I'm already desperate to solve this problem. I want to do Windows Update but it always error. It's always disabled by itself. Please help me because this is urgent. Thank you...
  4. Battery drains to 0 on startup windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains to 0 on startup windows 11: I was using windows 10 21h2 and facing this issue whenever I start my laptop battery drained to 0 percent in seconds then I updated to windows 11 and for 2 days i faced no issue but after that, the same issue is coming to my laptop, it is in warranty but Lenovo service is not...
  5. Battery drains to 0 on startup windows 11

Battery drains to 0 on startup windows 11: I was using windows 10 21h2 and facing this issue whenever I start my laptop battery drained to 0 percent in seconds then I updated to windows 11 and for 2 days i faced no issue but after that, the same issue is coming to my laptop, it is in warranty but Lenovo service is not...
  6. Window cannot startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window cannot startup: I was accidently deleted profile list from regedit then restarted, then the pc keep repair automatically. After loading, it said it cannot be repaired and I have no option to startup my pc. I got the backup of the reg that I deleted, I tried to run it back via cmd, but no...
  7. Window cannot startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window cannot startup: I was accidently deleted profile list from regedit then restarted, then the pc keep repair automatically. After loading, it said it cannot be repaired and I have no option to startup my pc. I got the backup of the reg that I deleted, I tried to run it back via cmd, but no...
  8. Window cannot startup

9. Update stuck at 0 and cannot access computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 0 and cannot access computer: I have a microsoft surface pro. I went to access my class this morning but when i opened the computer the message “Comfiguring update for windows 10 0% complete” was on the screen. I cannot move this message or interact with the screen at all to log onto my computer....
  10. line 0 error on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    line 0 error on startup: Hello. I get Line 0 error on startup. How can I resolve this ? Thank you, [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/line-0-error-on-startup/e6365d98-40f0-45a9-a241-5fd44e5bfe4d