Windows 10: Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed

Discus and support Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last, previously closed window outline remains displayed. Sometimes can 'force' it to go away by left clicking on an unused portion of desktop but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RAPw10, Jan 20, 2016.

1. RAPw10 Win User

Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed

Last, previously closed window outline remains displayed. Sometimes can 'force' it to go away by left clicking on an unused portion of desktop but not always.

Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed [​IMG]

Just got laptop for Christmas and has always had this problem so might be a setting.

Have looked at Advanced -> Visual Settings but didn't see any that looked like would fix (tried setting Best Performance - which turned everything off but didn't fix)

:)

RAPw10, Jan 20, 2016
  2. BobVidmar Win User

Microsoft Edge Window remains on top even when it is not active window

this just started happening, I have desktop mode selected, not tablet mode

BobVidmar, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Microsoft Edge Window remains on top even when it is not active window

Hi,

We need more information about your concern to assist you better.

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What activity are you doing when you encountered this issue?
    • Would it be possible to send us a screenshot?

Thanks.

Marby Rey, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

If you right click and hit refresh , does it vanish also?

Wullail, Jan 20, 2016
  5. RAPw10 Win User
    Thanks Wullail, sorry didn't respond last night - missed your update.

Yes and no .... actually when right click it vanishes ... but hitting refresh results in desktop refreshing then outline of 'refresh' box displays (can't get screenshot with snipping tool because outline goes away as soon as hit enter).

RAPw10, Jan 20, 2016
  6. RAPw10 Win User
    Have tried diff settings - nothing helps ... still have 'box outlines' - very frustrating.

Has anyone seen this ????

RAPw10, Feb 16, 2016
  7. RAPw10 Win User
    Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone? Has anyone seen this thread?

RAPw10, Apr 18, 2016
  8. RAPw10 Win User

Narrator seems to be the problem and having skipped win8 was not famaliar

RAPw10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed - Similar Threads - Window Outline Remains

2. HDR Will not remain on my Secondary Extended Monitor Even though both are HDR Capable....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR Will not remain on my Secondary Extended Monitor Even though both are HDR Capable....: Good Day,I was browsing through the posts and have been working on this issue for MONTHS - It sounds almost IDENTICAL to the Question Posted at HDR cant be turned on with dual monitors. help please - Microsoft Community however this thread is locked/closed and there appears...
  3. HDR Will not remain on my Secondary Extended Monitor Even though both are HDR Capable....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR Will not remain on my Secondary Extended Monitor Even though both are HDR Capable....: Good Day,I was browsing through the posts and have been working on this issue for MONTHS - It sounds almost IDENTICAL to the Question Posted at HDR cant be turned on with dual monitors. help please - Microsoft Community however this thread is locked/closed and there appears...
  4. Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?: In the background is some text. But you can clearly see the outline of a window. This happens to me all the time. Only restarting seems to help....
  5. Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?

Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?: In the background is some text. But you can clearly see the outline of a window. This happens to me all the time. Only restarting seems to help....
  6. Input sound remains low even though everything has been improved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input sound remains low even though everything has been improved: Someone, please help me. I was confused and dizzy thinking about what had happened. this really bothers me in communicating. so initially I get update to windows 11 automatically. After the update is complete, there are still no problems. a few weeks later there was an update...
  7. Input sound remains low even though everything has been improved

Input sound remains low even though everything has been improved: Someone, please help me. I was confused and dizzy thinking about what had happened. this really bothers me in communicating. so initially I get update to windows 11 automatically. After the update is complete, there are still no problems. a few weeks later there was an update...
  8. why does the sound remain on the speaker even though it has been connected to the headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does the sound remain on the speaker even though it has been connected to the headset: I use bluetooth on windows 10 the problem is in the sound, even though the bluetooth has been connected to the headset, the sound is still on my laptop speaker. I looked at YouTube to find a solution, but the same was not detected by the laptop, this is the first time I asked...
  9. Windows says "Activate Windows," even though it already is.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says "Activate Windows," even though it already is.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/99iuzavakuw51.png?width=316&format=png&auto=webp&s=8a75fa5bc759a340ea8727a285a78d6fccdc9107 submitted by /u/buddieminceraft [link] [comments]...
  10. Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size changes even though percentage in Display Settings remains the same: I have a 3840x2160 and text size is set to the recommended 150%. Text size changes on its own to a smaller font - though it still says 150%. Can get it back to "normal" sometimes by toggling the size and doing a reboot. This happened occasionally but, the last couple of...