Windows 10: Window popping up and closing instantly

Discus and support Window popping up and closing instantly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alphazz, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Window popping up and closing instantly

Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the name of application, it started very recently but i also installed a lot of applications so i'm not sure whether it's one of them or it's due to windows update.

It doesn't look like command prompt by the way, was wondering if there's any way for me to check like history of what applications just launched or performed an action? So that when it pops up and once again i fail to see the name, i can go to that history and see what it was?

Any help appreciated, i have malwarebytes premium constantly updated and running in the background and i didn't install anything sketchy recently.

submitted by /u/Alphazz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alphazz, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Nov 7, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Window popping up and closing instantly

Cmd instantly closes

So my cmd instantly closes.

That is because you have an Autoruns key in there which is starting explorer and then exiting.

That key seems to be there because something else is broken and explorer is not starting when you log on.

Note that the key is not required for normal operation of Windows.

You need to fix explorer first and then remove the Autoruns key.

To fix explorer:

• Run regedt32
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
    • On the right side, there should be a value called Shell.
    • In the right hand side pane, make sure that the default string value of Shell is explorer.exe.
    • Save any changes
    • Log off and log on again.

Source Windows explorer.exe does not start or open at startup

DavidPostill, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Window popping up and closing instantly

1. Window popping up and closing instantly - Similar Threads - Window popping closing

2. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: It happens when signing in to my account through settings, and through the microsoft store. I already tried a clean boot, restoring to a few days ago, updating, and doing the following commands in CMD with administrator sfc /scannow Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image...
  3. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: It doesn't let me connect to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-pop-up-window-instantly/1d58733f-269a-444b-b931-f9cfb0bffa00
  4. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: It doesn't let me connect to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-pop-up-window-instantly/1d58733f-269a-444b-b931-f9cfb0bffa00
  5. CMD keeps popping up and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD keeps popping up and closing instantly: Hi, I updated my computer to Windows 11 recently, and I updated everything in my PC. But my cmd is popping up and closing instantly, and it disturbs me. Is there any way to fix it?. I saw some threads in this site but unfortunately I do not have the same bug as I saw.My cmd...
  6. CMD keeps popping up and closing instantly

CMD keeps popping up and closing instantly: Hi, I updated my computer to Windows 11 recently, and I updated everything in my PC. But my cmd is popping up and closing instantly, and it disturbs me. Is there any way to fix it?. I saw some threads in this site but unfortunately I do not have the same bug as I saw.My cmd...
  7. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: Hello, I am currently logged into a Local Account on my PC, and am unable to get back to my other account. When I go to Setting > Account > Access work or school and select " Connect " a grey "Microsoft account" window pops up and closes instantly...
  8. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: Hello, I am currently logged into a Local Account on my PC, and am unable to get back to my other account. When I go to Setting > Account > Access work or school and select " Connect " a grey "Microsoft account" window pops up and closes instantly...
  9. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: Hello, I am currently logged into a Local Account on my PC, and am unable to get back to my other account. When I go to Setting > Account > Your Info and select "Sign in whit a Microsoft account instead" a grey "Microsoft account" window pops up and closes instantly,...
  10. Notification Bar POPS UP and Closes instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Bar POPS UP and Closes instantly: I have Windows 10. My notification panel closes instantly. I can't use the wifi, bluetooth etc shortcuts due to this. Kindly help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-bar-pops-up-and-closes-instantly/11fac583-639a-474b-b416-07e0a3a7bf47

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue popup window opens and closes on windows