Windows 10: Window popping up and closing instantly

Discus and support Window popping up and closing instantly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alphazz, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Window popping up and closing instantly

Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the name of application, it started very recently but i also installed a lot of applications so i'm not sure whether it's one of them or it's due to windows update.

It doesn't look like command prompt by the way, was wondering if there's any way for me to check like history of what applications just launched or performed an action? So that when it pops up and once again i fail to see the name, i can go to that history and see what it was?

Any help appreciated, i have malwarebytes premium constantly updated and running in the background and i didn't install anything sketchy recently.

submitted by /u/Alphazz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alphazz, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Nov 7, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Window popping up and closing instantly

Cmd instantly closes

So my cmd instantly closes.

That is because you have an Autoruns key in there which is starting explorer and then exiting.

That key seems to be there because something else is broken and explorer is not starting when you log on.

Note that the key is not required for normal operation of Windows.

You need to fix explorer first and then remove the Autoruns key.

To fix explorer:

• Run regedt32
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
    • On the right side, there should be a value called Shell.
    • In the right hand side pane, make sure that the default string value of Shell is explorer.exe.
    • Save any changes
    • Log off and log on again.

Source Windows explorer.exe does not start or open at startup

DavidPostill, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Window popping up and closing instantly

1. Window popping up and closing instantly - Similar Threads - Window popping closing

2. Notification Bar POPS UP and Closes instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Bar POPS UP and Closes instantly: I have Windows 10. My notification panel closes instantly. I can't use the wifi, bluetooth etc shortcuts due to this. Kindly help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-bar-pops-up-and-closes-instantly/11fac583-639a-474b-b416-07e0a3a7bf47
  3. My Outlook open and closes instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Outlook open and closes instantly.: Need to get it work fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-open-and-closes-instantly/8ebd56f4-8af8-4e63-838e-9a86e1d8e334
  4. ms-settings:bluetooth window opens and closes instantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ms-settings:bluetooth window opens and closes instantly: I can't configure bluetooth devices. I can add them through Network Connections in the Control Panel, though, and they work. I just can't manage them if they shut down or disconnect. Is there something I should be looking for? A service other than bthserv? Thanks submitted...
  5. Settings app crashes and closes instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes and closes instantly: I have an expected problem here. I went to Settings > Personalisation > Colours but every time I click on custom colour, the app crashes for a few seconds and then closes instantly. I don't know what caused this but I really have to get it fixed. Can anyone give me any...
  6. File explorer pop up disappearing instantly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer pop up disappearing instantly: I opened something in file explorer, something popped up and dissapeared, its been happening to me for two days ,and it used to work fine but now it dissapears and i dont know why,i also tryed making the settings pop up time last longer and still did the same thing....
  7. Pop up saying repair, close

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop up saying repair, close: What do I do if a repair, or close pop up keeps popping up when using power point, excel or word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-saying-repair-close/36793b15-04b3-4e51-8baf-66fa029ed381
  8. Sticky notes is loading up and closing instantly

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sticky notes is loading up and closing instantly: After the last Windows update i guess i did encounter that problem that my sticky notes load up then instantly close... i had my password on there to many things i dont remember anymore... is there a fix? i tried reinstalling, reseting and some powershell commands but...
  9. System settings instantly closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System settings instantly closes: After recent update i cant open settings from start menu and notifications area - settings instantly close. Buttons in Notifications inactive and after closing panel, system throws this error. Event log: - <Event...
  10. Windows 10 Settings keeps closing instantly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Settings keeps closing instantly: I installed Windows 10, but now when I try to open Settings, it appears then disappears instantly. I tried rebooting but it changed nothing. Also... when I right click and choose Personalize... it won't come up. Any way to fix this? 10959