Windows 10: Window+printscreen

Discus and support Window+printscreen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Till few days back I used to take screenshot using windows+printscreen keys. But recently I couldn't take screenshots that way. I checked keys. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thejaswi_sivakumar, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Window+printscreen

Till few days back I used to take screenshot using windows+printscreen keys. But recently I couldn't take screenshots that way. I checked keys. Both Windows key and printscreen key are working properly. Can someone help me to solve this !ps: I know we can use other ways to take screen shot. But win+prtscn is efficient way. And I also tried win+fn+prtcn, it didn't work.

:)

thejaswi_sivakumar, Feb 24, 2022
  2. Anton Win User

Greenshot: The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen, ..." could not be registered

Adding on top of @userJT's solution -

Initially, Greenshot complained about "PrintScreen" and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" for me. It appears that "PrintScreen" was taken by OneDrive and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" - by DropBox. After you disable both, problem goes away.

Full list of steps -

1. See the error message like in the question. Panic, google, get to this page Window+printscreen :)
    2. Note the first key that Greenshot complains about.
      • In most of the cases it will be "PrintScreen", so let's take it as an example.
    3. Press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard.
    4. OneDrive will pop up, prompting to save screenshots to OneDrive. Choose "No, Thanks" there.
    5. Click "Retry" in Greenshot's dialog, note the keys that are still taken.
    6. Repeat steps above for keys that Greenshot cannot register until it succeeds.
      • In my case it was "Ctrl + PrintScreen" that was taken by DropBox.
    7. Enjoy shortcuts in Greenshot Window+printscreen :)

HTH.

Anton, Feb 24, 2022
  3. emil_tr Win User
    Printscreen/ screenshot?

is printscreen or screenshot possible like on iphone pressing home+power button together? I could manage to find a way.

emil_tr, Feb 24, 2022
  4. Niels83 Win User

Window+printscreen

printscreen

Both in windows 10 version 20h2 and windows 10 version 2004 I have a problem with print screen: not working.

I have set that when pressing the print screen button the image is automatically saved in onedrive. However, this does not take place.
    Even if I paste the image into MS Word etc after pressing the printscreen button, nothing happens (previous copy-c action is pasted).

Problem occurs when I have been on pc for a while. If I press on printscreen botton immediately after starting the PC, printscreen is working.

I already closed down onedrive and switched on/off save options in onedrive, but nothing is fixing the problem.

Any suggestions?

Niels83, Feb 24, 2022
Thema:

Window+printscreen

1. Window+printscreen - Similar Threads - Window+printscreen

2. Unable to interact with mouse on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to interact with mouse on Windows 10 PC: It's a bit hard to describe the problem here, but I'll try my best. I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop, and sometimes, the mouse seems to be unresponsive with many elements of Windows and programs, if I try to click or highlight on something, nothing happens, but I can clearly...
  3. Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...: I'm not sure why Link to Windows is restricted and I don't even have a computer in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-is-at-the-top-of-my-data-usage-but/cb519393-a520-4376-b5e5-c0bd46b03375
  4. Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows is at the top of my data usage but says "restricted" I don't even have a...: I'm not sure why Link to Windows is restricted and I don't even have a computer in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-windows-is-at-the-top-of-my-data-usage-but/cb519393-a520-4376-b5e5-c0bd46b03375
  5. Windows 10 KB5036979 pushes Microsoft account (direct download .msu)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5036979 pushes Microsoft account (direct download .msu): Windows 10 KB5036979 is rolling out to everyone, but it’s an optional patch that won’t download automatically. This update has a noteworthy change: it pushes against local accounts and nags you to use a Microsoft account. You can also directly download KB5036979 offline...
  6. Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows: I have been trying for the PAST TWO WEEKS to install Windows 11 Pro, on a 2TB hard disc drive, that I have in my HP 17-by0026ds laptop computer. I purchased the 64-Bit OEM DVD of Windows 11 Pro, which I loaded into the my computer's DVD drive, and followed all of the provided...
  7. Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows: I have been trying for the PAST TWO WEEKS to install Windows 11 Pro, on a 2TB hard disc drive, that I have in my HP 17-by0026ds laptop computer. I purchased the 64-Bit OEM DVD of Windows 11 Pro, which I loaded into the my computer's DVD drive, and followed all of the provided...
  8. Caps Lock Indicator On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock Indicator On Windows 11: So I have a caps lock indicator on windows 11 that just randomly started appearing and i really hate it so i want to get rid of it but i dont know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-indicator-on-windows-11/208a96eb-23b3-409f-b1ec-50bc9390cf1e
  9. In the Windows Phone emulator - hardware gyro/accelerometer controlls?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the Windows Phone emulator - hardware gyro/accelerometer controlls?: In the Windows Phone emulator I picked up here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53424I am wonderering if there is a way to use hardware accelerometer controls as opposed to the virtual accelerometer controlls. If there is a way to feed any of this...
  10. In the Windows Phone emulator - hardware gyro/accelerometer controlls?

In the Windows Phone emulator - hardware gyro/accelerometer controlls?: In the Windows Phone emulator I picked up here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53424I am wonderering if there is a way to use hardware accelerometer controls as opposed to the virtual accelerometer controlls. If there is a way to feed any of this...