Windows 10: Window+printscreen

Discus and support Window+printscreen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Till few days back I used to take screenshot using windows+printscreen keys. But recently I couldn't take screenshots that way. I checked keys. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thejaswi_sivakumar, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Window+printscreen

Till few days back I used to take screenshot using windows+printscreen keys. But recently I couldn't take screenshots that way. I checked keys. Both Windows key and printscreen key are working properly. Can someone help me to solve this !ps: I know we can use other ways to take screen shot. But win+prtscn is efficient way. And I also tried win+fn+prtcn, it didn't work.

:)

thejaswi_sivakumar, Feb 24, 2022
  2. Anton Win User

Greenshot: The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen, ..." could not be registered

Adding on top of @userJT's solution -

Initially, Greenshot complained about "PrintScreen" and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" for me. It appears that "PrintScreen" was taken by OneDrive and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" - by DropBox. After you disable both, problem goes away.

Full list of steps -

1. See the error message like in the question. Panic, google, get to this page Window+printscreen :)
    2. Note the first key that Greenshot complains about.
      • In most of the cases it will be "PrintScreen", so let's take it as an example.
    3. Press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard.
    4. OneDrive will pop up, prompting to save screenshots to OneDrive. Choose "No, Thanks" there.
    5. Click "Retry" in Greenshot's dialog, note the keys that are still taken.
    6. Repeat steps above for keys that Greenshot cannot register until it succeeds.
      • In my case it was "Ctrl + PrintScreen" that was taken by DropBox.
    7. Enjoy shortcuts in Greenshot Window+printscreen :)

HTH.

Anton, Feb 24, 2022
  3. emil_tr Win User
    Printscreen/ screenshot?

is printscreen or screenshot possible like on iphone pressing home+power button together? I could manage to find a way.

emil_tr, Feb 24, 2022
  4. Niels83 Win User

Window+printscreen

printscreen

Both in windows 10 version 20h2 and windows 10 version 2004 I have a problem with print screen: not working.

I have set that when pressing the print screen button the image is automatically saved in onedrive. However, this does not take place.
    Even if I paste the image into MS Word etc after pressing the printscreen button, nothing happens (previous copy-c action is pasted).

Problem occurs when I have been on pc for a while. If I press on printscreen botton immediately after starting the PC, printscreen is working.

I already closed down onedrive and switched on/off save options in onedrive, but nothing is fixing the problem.

Any suggestions?

Niels83, Feb 24, 2022
Thema:

Window+printscreen

1. Window+printscreen - Similar Threads - Window+printscreen

2. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax: HP 3830 printer. Win 10:I can scan a using the HPsmart program. However when I try from Windows Scan and Fax, it says there is no scanner. Going to Printers and Scanners shows the scanner part of Printer is OFFline.ANy ideas ?Thanks Ron...
  3. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  4. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax: HP 3830 printer. Win 10:I can scan a using the HPsmart program. However when I try from Windows Scan and Fax, it says there is no scanner. Going to Printers and Scanners shows the scanner part of Printer is OFFline.ANy ideas ?Thanks Ron...
  5. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  6. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

7. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  8. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  9. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  10. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...