Windows 10: Window product Key issue

Discus and support Window product Key issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I need your support to install window 10. I had purchased Hp Laptop with preinstalled window 10. My laptop crashed and gone for hardawre change . I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PriyatoshDash, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Window product Key issue

Hi,I need your support to install window 10. I had purchased Hp Laptop with preinstalled window 10. My laptop crashed and gone for hardawre change . I got it changed. I haven't taken back up and lost all evidences of product key.How i can get that as i lost every thing.

:)

PriyatoshDash, Jun 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Window product Key issue

product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Window product Key issue

1. Window product Key issue - Similar Threads - Window product Key

2. Product key issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key issue.: Hello! So i recently got a new laptop which is an HP Laptop and has window 11. My product key says to be activated in the settings, but whenever i enter the app 'Word' to view my files i get a pop-up telling me that my key is expiring the 9 May 2023. Is this an error that i...
  3. Product key issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key issue.: Hello! So i recently got a new laptop which is an HP Laptop and has window 11. My product key says to be activated in the settings, but whenever i enter the app 'Word' to view my files i get a pop-up telling me that my key is expiring the 9 May 2023. Is this an error that i...
  4. WINDOWS PRODUCT KEY ISSUE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS PRODUCT KEY ISSUE: Hi good day, I would like to have some clarification related to the below topic:I have purchased on 03 June 2019 a product key from Microsoft Store for my work pc running windows 10 pro for workstation & it is activated since then without any issue.Yesterday, i have purchased...
  5. product key issue

product key issue: Hi there, I bought an HP pc and windows office so had a product key which I used. Then I returned the HP and got an MacBook air. How do I activate windows on the new computer?...
  6. Product key issue

Product key issue: Hello, I recently bought a pre-owned amd pc, the product key that was installed on the pc was fine as I was able to update without any issues, well my friend was cleaning it for me and decided to do a brand new installation of windows 10 pro … well it was pirated and now I'm...
  7. product key issues

product key issues: so been -trying to change my product key but it just remains like this below after typing in the product key[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-issues/9f924abe-7c2d-493f-a469-f38a3965f7c9"
  8. Windows product key issue

Windows product key issue: My laptop was formerly my work laptop on my company network. I purchased the old laptop when we were issued new laptops. The windows license (from my company) expired so I purchased Windows 10 and installed it. The laptop will not let me change the product key to the new...
  9. Product Key Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Issue: Built a new computer and getting the error, 'We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media.' Haven't been able to figure anything out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-issue/2a12e105-e0e2-47e7-93d6-d851d30984f0
  10. Product key issues

Product key issues: hi i had a dell laptop that was pre installed with windows 8, i got free update to windows 10 home, now i have changed my device because of hardware failures in that laptop and i am using an assembled pc and i want to use the same windows 10 home, i have my product key...