Windows 10: Window rendering artifacts

Discus and support Window rendering artifacts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a few months now, I've been occasionally encountering a fairly serious render glitch, shown below:[ATTACH] It seems to happen only when my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JLovern, Jul 28, 2020.

1. JLovern Win User

Window rendering artifacts

For a few months now, I've been occasionally encountering a fairly serious render glitch, shown below: Window rendering artifacts e0a4ba2b-6f8d-4882-8cda-426469a77f90?upload=true.png

It seems to happen only when my laptop wakes from screen off and there are no monitors attached. I posted another image on theSuperUser Stack exchange but nothing came of it and I didn't think to bring it up on the microsoft forums since it was purely happening on FireFox. The linked question contains more information about my computer and version, so please check it.

The above image was taken via a screenshot of Word. It is a current, up-to-date version. When I hover over any of the interactive elements, the rendering artifacts disappear, then reappear when I end the hovering. This perhaps indicates that the cached images are corrupted, especially since the corrupted elements clear whenever I trigger a decaching of images hovering over text and buttons to cause them to recalculate, typing in typables, etc, and as of ten minutes after taking this photo, the entire window is clear of rendering artifacts, indicating that the entirety of the window cache has been rerendered.

Event viewer does not show any critical-, error-, or warning-level events relating to Word 2016 within the last hour.

Please advise.

:)

JLovern, Jul 28, 2020

2. Asha 501 Poor Video Rendering Quality / Blocky Video Artifacts

Hi folks, this is my first post here. I recently bought my Nokia Asha 501and I am pleased with the phone overall. But I am very disappointed with one major aspect of the phone - its video rendering quality, and iam referring specifically to the videos accesed
    via the phones native video app, stored in the memory card and not online youtube streaming quality.

All videos seem to display a lot of blocky artifacts which are a lot more apparent when viewing a night scence and especially in dim light or at night in a dark room which spoils the overall viewing experience for me.

I understand that most hq MP4 files need conversion to the phones resolution and I have tried various free converters like any video converter, laewo converter, video to nokia phones converter, freemake converter, format factory etc. with the following settings

res - 320 x 240

container-mp4, 3gp

codec - MPEG4, XVID, DIVX, H264 ( H264 / x264 seem to produce slightly better quality but create lag/audio video sync issues during action scenes and still contain blocky artifacts so are not an option for uninterrupted viewing)

fps- 24 / 23.9 / Source

video bitrate - 300-600 kbps (500-600 seems allright but any higher still produces blocky artifacts)

audio settings same as source or aac and 96-128 kbps / 44000 Mhz

I have searched the forum for posts on this topic and what was usually suggested was to use the MPEG 4 codec instead of h264 which solves the problem of any lag but with all these settings the BLOCKY ARTIFACT problem still remains.

I would be grateful if any of the others with the ASHA 501 or other Asha phones could share if they are facing similar issues with videos and if this is a hardware or software problem/limitation and

if it would be better to buy a costlier phone like a lumia for good video rendering quality without blocky artifacts.

Thanks

asha_501_user, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 28, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

What causes these odd font artifacts around numbers

The artifacts you are seeing appear only with numbers, but that's a red herring. It's a screen artifact like any other screen artifact that sometimes affects a monitor. The problem is that these artifacts have a million causes, give or take.

Presuming that you have a graphics driver that is supported on Windows 10, and that you have already tried restarting your computer, here are some fixes that have worked for others:

• Refresh the screen (press F5.) You may have to do this 2 or 3 times.
    • Turn off ClearType.
    • Open Task Manager and End Task on Windows Explorer. That forces the Windows shell to restart.

BulldogXX, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Window rendering artifacts - Similar Threads - Window rendering artifacts

2. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  3. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  4. Taskbar Artifacts

Taskbar Artifacts: Hello,I'm having some graphic artifacts on the Windows 11 taskbar.It looks like a watermark with a pattern.Please see the images to see what I'm referring to.It happened after a fresh install of Windows without drivers. After installing drivers the problem still...
  5. green artifacts on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    green artifacts on Windows: Hello.Yesterday, using my computer like I always do, my PC froze and displayed red and green artifacts on my 2 screens. I tried rebooting multiple times, and green artifacts appears when windows loads.I first thought that it was my GPU that was dying I have the same...
  6. green artifacts on Windows

green artifacts on Windows: Hello.Yesterday, using my computer like I always do, my PC froze and displayed red and green artifacts on my 2 screens. I tried rebooting multiple times, and green artifacts appears when windows loads.I first thought that it was my GPU that was dying I have the same...
  7. Artifact help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifact help.: Hey,On Sunday I updated my nvidia 3070 to the latest driver, booted up my pc and loaded up a few programs discord, chrome an a torrent program I noticed artifacts on my screen. I booted up GTA V and noticed the textures were stretched, artifacting before crashing giving me...
  8. Bios Artifact

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bios Artifact: on my computer resuming from hibernation i get artifacts on bios splash screen but no where esle and my games run fine with no issue or artifacts should i be worried?? 165467
  9. windows 10 artifacts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 artifacts: ok so I suddenly have artifacts on whole screen yellow rectangles I have removed gpu and now with onboard graphics pc works fine how to confirm if my gpu is bad and not anything else like power supply or motherboard https://imgur.com/9w8dJGJ...
  10. Monitor artifacting?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor artifacting?: Got any clues on what could be causing this? [MEDIA] you can see very breifly white lines going across the screen, not at the same places in the screen either, early in the video the lines appear near the top, other times near the bottom. this is while playing a game...