Windows 10: Window resizing button not working

Discus and support Window resizing button not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason when I click on the icon to resize any window: folder or internet, it does not do anything. I also can't use the right corner to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ST:, Jan 14, 2020.

1. ST:
    ST: Win User

Window resizing button not working

For some reason when I click on the icon to resize any window: folder or internet, it does not do anything. I also can't use the right corner to activate the arrow for resizing the window. Any clue how to reactivate that?

:)

2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    taskbar resize WIN 10

Hi Frank,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Window resizing button not working

resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Window resizing button not working

1. Window resizing button not working - Similar Threads - Window resizing button

2. Resizing desktop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing desktop doesn't work: Resizing desktop is stuck on 1842 x 1014, I can't resize any other resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-desktop-doesnt-work/3ddd5118-13e1-425b-99f7-02bdc3875b0d
  3. Resizing desktop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing desktop doesn't work: Resizing desktop is stuck on 1842 x 1014, I can't resize any other resolution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-desktop-doesnt-work/3ddd5118-13e1-425b-99f7-02bdc3875b0d
  4. How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger?: How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-the-taskbar-buttons-in-windows-11/b3f3e99b-c347-428f-960d-f83ba2dae475
  5. How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger?

How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger?: How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-the-taskbar-buttons-in-windows-11/b3f3e99b-c347-428f-960d-f83ba2dae475
  6. How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger?: The taskbar is too small for my eyes. It used to be an easy fix in Windows 10. But I can't figure this one out. I've tried all the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-the-taskbar-buttons-in-windows-11/e0ec9faa-6b70-4b6d-8d0b-94ce3d68cec5
  7. How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger?

How to resize the taskbar buttons in Windows 11 larger?: The taskbar is too small for my eyes. It used to be an easy fix in Windows 10. But I can't figure this one out. I've tried all the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-the-taskbar-buttons-in-windows-11/e0ec9faa-6b70-4b6d-8d0b-94ce3d68cec5
  8. Taskbar buttons missing, offscreen, resized

Taskbar buttons missing, offscreen, resized: Hi, I have no idea how, but my taskbar buttons have become rearranged and I can't put them back to normal. To see all of it I have to resize the taskbar like in the second screenshot below. My sound settings icon has vanished entirely, and I can't rearrange anything through...
  9. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  10. How to resize windows when the resize want work

in Windows 10 Support
    How to resize windows when the resize want work: Windows in browser and file explorer will not resize. The windows open maximized. I lost the ability to put two windows side by side. 69765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resizing windows in windows 10 not working

2. winapi window resizing not working

3. pro 7 windows will not resize when selecting button

4. click and drag or resize not workinf on win 10x