Windows 10: Window resizing question

Discus and support Window resizing question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I select a window, a small rectangle appears in the background, split in half horizontally. what is that tool, I want to turn it off. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Mar 14, 2020.

1. dictum Win User

Window resizing question

When I select a window, a small rectangle appears in the background, split in half horizontally. what is that tool, I want to turn it off. I have another install of Win10 and it does not do that.

:)

dictum, Mar 14, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Mar 14, 2020
  3. resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Window resizing question

Unable to restore or resize windows now

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to restore or resize windows. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Does this issue occur on a different user account?

Suggest you to boot the PC in a clean boot state to check if that helps. A clean boot step will help us determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Window resizing question

1. Window resizing question - Similar Threads - Window resizing question

2. windows resizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows resizing: Hey so i want to set it up so a app will ALWAYS open in the same spot. I have found a solution in this forum linked here that doesn't work for me bc i may not close that app window last. Is there something in windows 10 that can fix this or is the only way to do this third...
  3. windows resizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows resizing: Hey so i want to set it up so a app will ALWAYS open in the same spot. I have found a solution in this forum linked here that doesn't work for me bc i may not close that app window last. Is there something in windows 10 that can fix this or is the only way to do this third...
  4. Windows Resize

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Resize: Is there any way to modify shortcut to require ALT/SHIFT + CLICK to RESIZE window? submitted by /u/iRegiP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iei8rx/windows_resize/
  5. resize window

in Windows 10 Customization
    resize window: how do i resize window with no sizing controls and 'size' dimmed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-window/16c41efe-bbeb-475b-8507-5db4e43d420d
  6. Resize window

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize window: So I can maximize this program, or I can snap it to one side, the other or even snap it to 1/4 of the screen however as soon as it's pulled out of snap it goes back to just barely visible like the pic shows. where you can just see the 3 buttons on the top right of any window...
  7. Resize Windows

Resize Windows: My Surface Pro ran an update last night. Today I can't resize windows. The arrows to drag window size will not appear along the window edge. All I can do is minimize the window or get it full screen. What setting got changed on me?...
  8. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  9. Resize window

Resize window: How do I resize 2 windows to share the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/resize-window/64c74376-768d-4e0e-968b-fb4394168de2
  10. Resizing Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing Windows: I had no problems with the 10 upgrade but I cannot find a way to control the size of app windows. They're either minimized or maximized with nothing in between. Solution: I had, somehow, set up Tablet mode (in Settings, System, Tablet Mode). Once I found that control and...