Windows 10: Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element...

Discus and support Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I run the sandbox, error 0x800706d9 displayed From the event viewer The Container Manager Service service depends on the HV Host Service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DionYR, Jul 26, 2019.

1. DionYR Win User

Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element...

When I run the sandbox, error 0x800706d9 displayed

From the event viewer

The Container Manager Service service depends on the HV Host Service service which failed to start because of the following error:

The dependency service or group failed to start.

The HV Host Service service depends on the Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

Element not found.

The Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver service failed to start due to the following error:

Element not found.

:)

DionYR, Jul 26, 2019

2. Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running

Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running.

Any suggestion?

Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element... 6b44dcbf-851a-407b-8e6a-1860efc4d936.png

ArchanaBhimireddy, Jul 26, 2019
  3. How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

No, it's Pro version still unactivated. I just installed it on spare PC to get a look at Sandbox feature and what I can do with it.

Probably it would be easier if I just describe the steps I took:

1. Created ISO with media builder 1903

2. Installed from this on clean system, deleting and recreating all disk partitions

3. Created a local user account on first start, logged in with it

4. In windows features scrolled down to Windows Sandbox and checked only it, Hyper-V features are available but I didn't check them for install

5. Reboot

6. Did few tests with the sandbox app, ran couple of programs in it, confirmed for myself that it uses Hyper-V technology for virtualization (first symptom - any other 3rd party virtualization software won't run, same error as when Hyper-V feature is installed,
    this is known problem with HV in windows 10)

7. Finished with tests, removed Windows Sandbox from Features. Hyper-V feature still wasn't enabled in list of features, only Windows Sandbox was.

8. Reboot

9. Logged in, discovered I still cannot run VmWare and hypervisor is still enabled.

Currently both Hyper-V and Windows Sandbox are disabled/not installed in Windows Features window but the virtualization is enabled on the system. So I think I need to manually 'switch it off' or something.

As I wrote earlier, maybe installing and uninstalling Hyper-V would help, I just thought maybe there is a fast way to disable it in command line or registry

Andy_Scull, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element...

How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

Hi, maybe someone can suggest something beside installing and uninstalling hyper-v feature. I didn't have time to try it yet, don't currently have access to PC in question.

So, I installed win10 1903 and enabled that new Sandbox feature to see how it works. After the end of test I removed it, but hypervisor it installed is still enabled on system.

Task manager shows 'Virtualization: enabled', systeminfo says 'A hypervisor has been detected' and vmware player won't start.

So now I need to somehow manually uninstall this hypervisor, any ideas? Going through anything remotely connected to windows features (dism, powershell) is no go since Hyper-V feature isn't installed so there's nothing to uninstall

Andy_Scull, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element...

1. Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element... - Similar Threads - Window sandbox fail

2. Undervolting with hypervisor / virtual machine for WSL2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undervolting with hypervisor / virtual machine for WSL2: Hi MS community,I'd like to undervolt my CPU while running CFD on a laptop. The reduction in core temperatures achievable with an undervolt improves performance by limiting or eliminating throttling. I have found that Windows 11 appears to restrict the ability of software...
  3. Undervolting with hypervisor / virtual machine for WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undervolting with hypervisor / virtual machine for WSL2: Hi MS community,I'd like to undervolt my CPU while running CFD on a laptop. The reduction in core temperatures achievable with an undervolt improves performance by limiting or eliminating throttling. I have found that Windows 11 appears to restrict the ability of software...
  4. Problem "Failed to start the virtual machine"

Problem "Failed to start the virtual machine": I can't run Kali linux on my think book 14+ and windows 11. I'm using Vmware 16 pro. Please give a solutuion.System info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name SHOMIT...
  5. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server: Am getting the above error when trying to start virtual machines on my server running windows server 2012 R2. They were working fine but we had an unexpected shutdown due to power outage. I have tried the solutions below but none worked.Restarting the Hyper V Virtual Machine...
  6. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server

Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server: Am getting the above error when trying to start virtual machines on my server running windows server 2012 R2. They were working fine but we had an unexpected shutdown due to power outage. I have tried the solutions below but none worked.Restarting the Hyper V Virtual Machine...
  7. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running: I'm trying to get Ubuntu running in Hyper-V. I have enabled the virtualization option in my BIOS. I have enabled the Hyper-V checkbox in "Turn Windows features on or off" and I can create the virtual machine but it errors when I try and start it. When I Google the error...
  8. Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x800706d9: [ATTACH]If you see this error message – Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x800706d9, There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper, then […] This article Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x800706d9 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Machine Platform: I have "ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT” with “AMD Ryzen 5 3550H” with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2100 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 running on “Windows 10 Home 2004” I wanted to run AVD in Android Studio for that: I enabled “SVM” in BIOS BIOS...
  10. Windows 10 Sandbox failed to start- Error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sandbox failed to start- Error 0x800706d9: Whenever i open the sandbox it is giving me the same error. I have other virtual machines still running smoothly on my system. I don't know what happened but Windows Sandbox is not working. [ATTACH]...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the hv host service service depends on the hypervisor/virtual machine support driver service which failed to start because of the following error:element not found.

2. hypervisor/virtual machine support driver service failed to start

3. windows hypervisor dependency service failed to start

4. the hypervisor/virtual machine support driver service failed to start due to the following error:element not found.,
  5. Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED). Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005) Component: ConsoleWrap Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed},
  6. windows sandbox funktioniert nicht Error 0x800706d9