Windows 10: Window search service not working on windows 10

Discus and support Window search service not working on windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a while now, The winodw search service wont work at all, All of the things i've looked up to fix it mostly used me typing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by gamingman, Jan 11, 2021.

1. gamingman Win User

Window search service not working on windows 10

I've had this problem for a while now, The winodw search service wont work at all, All of the things i've looked up to fix it mostly used me typing into the start up bar to get to some apps, But i am unable to search anything on the start up bar. Is there any way to fix this?

And my indexing options is still not running even after around a hour of waiting after pressing 'Rebuild'

:)

gamingman, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Window search service not working on windows 10

Search service not working (windows 10 pro)

My search service does not work at all - the reason seems to be "wrong data directory permissions". I tried all of the above methods without success.

What do I do now?

Thanks

PedroBilar, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Window search service not working on windows 10

1. Window search service not working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Window search service

2. windows search service not running.

in Cortana
    windows search service not running.: i was using my pc and one day the search bar stopped working suddenly, i thought it was just a pc glitch so i didnt acknowledge it. Until i tried using the search bar even after restarting and updating everything to no avail. ive tried all the trouble shooting but all it said...
  3. Windows Search service stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search service stopping: HI,I have using windows 11 and few days ago facing issue with search option in outlook.After investigating the problem I have get into notice that windows search service is stopping, because of that indexing option getting stopped.Please help me with the solution....
  4. Windows Search Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Service: I was disabling some Windows services and accidentally disabled Windows Search, and I am unable to reactivate it. The message "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner" appears. What do i do? Sorry if there's any word wrong,...
  5. Windows search not working windows search service is missing

in Cortana
    Windows search not working windows search service is missing: My windows search doesn't seem to be working. When I open start menu and start typing something to search, like calculator, or powerpoint, the results don't show. I've disabled the cloud feature but I think the local results should still be displayed. I tried rebuilding the...
  6. Windows Search Services is not working

in Cortana
    Windows Search Services is not working: Windows Search is showing service status as stopping. Restarting the device is not helping to resolve the issue [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-services-is-not-working/a43401e8-0dfb-49e9-a43c-7a895a6c806d"
  7. Service "Windows Search".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service "Windows Search".: # Hello everyone. I have Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Insider Preview. Version: 1903 OS Compilation: 18965.1005 I have a problem: Clicking on the "magnifying glass" does nothing. Does not open the box. The "Service Windows", is activated. I appreciate help. Thank...
  8. No windows Search service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No windows Search service: I am running Windows 10 64-bit on an Dell Optiplex computer In File Explorer, every time I do a search, I get the error message: "Your searches might be slow because the index is not running. Click to turn on the Index". When I click it, nothing happens and I continue to...
  9. Windows 10 Search not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not working: When clicking on the Windows Key and entering anything into the search bar, there are no results, it just remains white, no matter what I put in. I have tried the following: 1. Re-indexing (and have made sure the right folders are being indexed) 2. Re-starting cortana 3....
  10. Windows 10 search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search not working: Win 10 search is not working. I did get it to work by signing in as a local account and than back to signing in with a microsoft account. After a reboot it works. I wonder if it has something to do with Cortrana? Is there a way to reset or reinstall Win 10 search app? 11817