Windows 10: Window Security Real Time Protection and Window Updates Disabled on my PC

Discus and support Window Security Real Time Protection and Window Updates Disabled on my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have online registered Window 10 on my PC. However, Window Security and Real Time Protection on my PC has been disabled few days earlier. Now I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zahid_34, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Zahid_34 Win User

Window Security Real Time Protection and Window Updates Disabled on my PC

I have online registered Window 10 on my PC. However, Window Security and Real Time Protection on my PC has been disabled few days earlier. Now I am unable to get Windows updates online or security protection. It is quite security threat for my PC. I tried my best to enable Real Time Protection or get Window updates but in vain. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

:)

Zahid_34, Feb 18, 2020
  2. shytot Win User

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Hi
    I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable. I’ve tried to disable Defender as suggested by Microsoft but its instruction was to go to Settings / Update & Security / Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection / Virus & Threat Protection Settings. This should have given me access to switch Real Time Protection off, but the final ‘Settings’ option was not available – see screen shot.

Window Security Real Time Protection and Window Updates Disabled on my PC [​IMG]

Any ideas please?
    Many Thanks

shytot, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    How do I turn off real -time protection?

Hi Rahul,

If you have Windows 10, you are getting the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. Windows Defender actively helps in protecting your PC from malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off, follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection
      on or off.
    If the on /off button is greyed out, refer to the answer of José Antonio
    Pontón Posada CEO on this thread for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Jose Est, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Mary Sau Win User

real time protection in window defender

Hi,

Windows Defender is built-in to Windows 10. Turning on the Windows Defender will help to protect your PC by scanning for malware, viruses and security threats. It uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on, you can follow the steps below:

1. Click on the Start Menu and choose Settings.

2. In the Setting window, select Update and Security.

3. In Update and Security -> Windows Defender
    -> Turn on Real-time protection. See screenshot below:

Window Security Real Time Protection and Window Updates Disabled on my PC 3390f519-9968-4694-887a-f58cdef927b4.png

Regards.

Mary Sau, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Window Security Real Time Protection and Window Updates Disabled on my PC - Similar Threads - Window Security Real

2. Need a real option to disable real time protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a real option to disable real time protection: Hello,Windows defender, specifically real time protection, is making simple tasks that would take 5 minutes for my PC to process take .75 to 1.5 hours. Counting the time I have spent trying to disable the feature and time lost between my programsAdobe InDesign, Microsoft...
  3. Need a real option to disable real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need a real option to disable real time protection: Hello,Windows defender, specifically real time protection, is making simple tasks that would take 5 minutes for my PC to process take .75 to 1.5 hours. Counting the time I have spent trying to disable the feature and time lost between my programsAdobe InDesign, Microsoft...
  4. Real Time Protection not getting disabled

Real Time Protection not getting disabled: Hi Team,I have a new computer having Win 10 Home single language, and the problem I am facing as I am unable to disable real time protection on my laptop. Whenever I was trying to click the off button its bounce back to on. Can anyone help me how to resolve this...
  5. Real-time protection disabled

Real-time protection disabled: Split from this thread. I was used a nice window 10 defender. but right now it disabled the real time protection as below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/f0398bc1-7190-4a49-8e38-39842af00a91
  6. Selectively disable Real Time Protection?

Selectively disable Real Time Protection?: Dear all, I pray you're all well. I apologise if this specific question has been asked before, but I've not been able to find it. I'm trying to do some development work on my Windows 10 machine using Eclipse. During the normal course of development I'm frequently...
  7. Real Time protection disabled

Real Time protection disabled: Real Time protection disabled and cannot be enable from Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/4f7aa9c1-eb51-492b-8531-a008a84d523a
  8. Why Real-time protection is disabled?

Why Real-time protection is disabled?: Although I enabled Real-time protection in Update & Security setting, Windows Defender shows that Real-time protection is disabled. How can I enable real-time protection?...
  9. Disable real-time protection.

Disable real-time protection.: I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing keeps enabling real-time protection for no apparent reason. I'm confused, was this software developed by primates by any...
  10. Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender

Disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, I noticed that if I disable the real-time protection of Windows Defender, when I reboot the system, this protection comes back on automatically. Why? So, how do I prevent this? Thanks Bye 33201