Windows 10: Window setup USB drive

Discus and support Window setup USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying fix boot up error using USB drive setup repair and stuff but got this pop upIf click yes dose it removed all personal file or give me an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwinTellez, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Window setup USB drive

Trying fix boot up error using USB drive setup repair and stuff but got this pop upIf click yes dose it removed all personal file or give me an option keep personal file, If click no send back the advanced option

:)

EdwinTellez, Jun 14, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 14, 2021
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. dahermit Win User

Window setup USB drive

"You can't install Windows 10 to a USB drive using setup" cure?

I seem to remember trying to do something similar sometime back...mounting a downloaded Windows10.iso and mounting it as a drive. If that is the same thing as what you are suggesting, it did not work, ended with "You can't install Windows 10 to a USB flash drive using setup."

If not the same thing, I would need a step-by-step procedure to follow in order for me to get that done.

dahermit, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Window setup USB drive

1. Window setup USB drive - Similar Threads - Window setup USB

2. Drive not recognized in Windows setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive not recognized in Windows setup: I just installed new graphics card and SSD Samsung Evo 1TB on my HP z640 desktop, and ever since I cannot get my PC to boot up. I was getting “Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk” errors, and I figured that my old drive or at least my...
  3. Drive not recognized in Windows setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive not recognized in Windows setup: I just installed new graphics card and SSD Samsung Evo 1TB on my HP z640 desktop, and ever since I cannot get my PC to boot up. I was getting “Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk” errors, and I figured that my old drive or at least my...
  4. Drive not recognized in Windows setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Setup at USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup at USB: Hello everyone! I've got an error 0x80200010 - 0x90002 while I've tried to reset my Windows by using "installation media" and when windows was fully downloaded in my USB it showed me that error....
  6. Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives: Win 10 Pro 64-bit Ver. 1909 b,18363.535 I'm looking at options for securing the USB flash drives (content) from unauthorised access. I don't care so much about losing the data -it's largely a back-up of working data- but want to provide an obstacle so they would reformat the...
  7. Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives: Win 10 Pro 64-bit Ver. 1909 b,18363.535 I'm looking at options for securing the USB flash drives (content) from unauthorised access. I don't care so much about losing the data -it's largely a back-up of working data- but want to provide an obstacle so they would reformat the...
  8. HP C4640 Stuck in Unspecified. USB setup on drive not finished.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP C4640 Stuck in Unspecified. USB setup on drive not finished.: I am on a Windows 10 Home (V 10.0.18362 Build 18362) computer. Printer was stuck in undefined so I cannot share easily. I followed instructions on other threads with similar problems and still not working. I have uninstalled drives and software several times, and tried...
  9. Can't install up Windows on USB flash drive during setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install up Windows on USB flash drive during setup: I have Windows 1803 and it keeps urging me to upgrade. I installed the windows upgrade assistant. It downloads 1903, but then tells me it can't be installed on a USB flash drive. Thing is, I don't have a USB flash drive on the system. I have a SSD, but Windows can be...
  10. Setup and Run Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Setup and Run Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive: How to: Setup and Run Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive How to Setup and Run Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to manually setup Windows 10 To Go from any Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 system and run Windows 10 from a USB...