Windows 10: Window size always open small despite setting.

Discus and support Window size always open small despite setting. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does my window always open small? I've tried closing it while pressing Ctrl and X but every time after a restart/shutdown, it goes back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eddt77, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Eddt77 Win User

Window size always open small despite setting.

Why does my window always open small? I've tried closing it while pressing Ctrl and X but every time after a restart/shutdown, it goes back to the state where is not maximized.

I have also tried setting in the Properties, Run: Maximized. But it does not respond.

Does anyone faces these issues as well and is there any fix?

:)

Eddt77, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Window size always open small despite setting. e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 9, 2021
  3. All the programs is displayed in a small size. The font is small and everything is in small size

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components gets corrupted or due to driver conflicts. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Type Settings on the search bar and open Settings.

• Click on System and choose Display.

• You will see change the size of Text, apps, and other items.

• Make changes accordingly and check if it helps. If the issue still persists:

• Click on Advance Display settings

• Change the resolution accordingly and check if it helps.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the graphic driver and check if it helps.

Steps to uninstall and reinstall driver.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the graphics drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
      option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Window size always open small despite setting.

how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Window size always open small despite setting.

1. Window size always open small despite setting. - Similar Threads - Window size always

2. Despite setting to "Always", taskbar buttons never combine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Despite setting to "Always", taskbar buttons never combine: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎Fri, ‎9/‎30/‎2022 OS build 22621.2861 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0 The title basically describes it. After an update I think KB5033375, although it might have been after KB5032190, maybe even...
  3. Despite setting to "Always", taskbar buttons never combine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Despite setting to "Always", taskbar buttons never combine: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎Fri, ‎9/‎30/‎2022 OS build 22621.2861 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0 The title basically describes it. After an update I think KB5033375, although it might have been after KB5032190, maybe even...
  4. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: I have set all of my apps to open in maximized window but they always open up in minimized window especially ms teams, chrome and Outlook PWA. Can anyone assist me with this problem?...
  5. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: I have set all of my apps to open in maximized window but they always open up in minimized window especially ms teams, chrome and Outlook PWA. Can anyone assist me with this problem?...
  6. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

7. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: Whenever I try to open Skype, it opens minimized. I went into the properties menu and changed the default to maximized, but every time I open the app it still opens minimized. Not sure whether the issue is with Windows or Skype but it is very frustrating, the app is basically...
  8. App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized

App always opens minimized despite being set to open maximized: Whenever I try to open Skype, it opens minimized. I went into the properties menu and changed the default to maximized, but every time I open the app it still opens minimized. Not sure whether the issue is with Windows or Skype but it is very frustrating, the app is basically...
  9. Window size too small.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window size too small.: Hello, I'm having problems with the size of my window. I cant extend it. There's supposed to be 3 clickable options at the bottom. Please help. Img below. https://imgur.com/a/RiFCznZ submitted by /u/JVints [link] [comments]...
  10. Settings not always opening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings not always opening: I've had this problem for a few months although I'm not sure exactly when it started. When I click on Settings (taskbar or menu) it doesn't open right away. I usually have to click 3-4 times. Everything else is fine on both taskbar and menu, it's just Settings that won't open...