Windows 10: window snapping acts weird

Discus and support window snapping acts weird in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, i got a problem: The windows snapping tool doesn't work on my pc: Every time i want to snap a window to the side it snaps, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HerrGruessli, Oct 21, 2020.

1. window snapping acts weird

window snapping acts weird qqkOmuiXXckc6JSHNNeQgGvfUYmFfzjQxSzFsJuHrbQ.jpg

Hey guys, i got a problem:

The windows snapping tool doesn't work on my pc: Every time i want to snap a window to the side it snaps, but the window is slightly larger than my screen.
    See the following screenshots for further explanation (pay attention to the upper edge):

1. initial situation: window is maximised

2. [win] +
    : window snaps weirdly to the right​

3. Again [win] +
    : window snaps correctly to the right​

I don't want the snapping behaviour of #2, has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Some more infos:

• I use powertoys, but this is not the cause for the problem since it appears even with powertoys disabled
    • This problem happens with multiple programs, it is not specifically on firefox
    submitted by /u/HerrGruessli
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HerrGruessli, Oct 21, 2020

2. Computer is acting weird

My windows 10 has been acting weird recently and it would randomly open up random apps when im not touching the computer. I have reset it many times it, tried to shut it down than turn it back on but nothing is working.its also virus protected but it still
    acts weird.

jaquelinesumba, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Oct 21, 2020
  4. GioXmen Win User

window snapping acts weird

Windows PowerShell acting weird?

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly it did not work( option two looked promising) , done option two and ran the batch file as administrator in option three, did not help :/

P.S Seems like Powershell ISE does work, but the default Powershell does not. [GREEN] - works, [RED] - does not work.

window snapping acts weird [​IMG]

window snapping acts weird [​IMG]

GioXmen, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

window snapping acts weird

1. window snapping acts weird - Similar Threads - window snapping acts

2. Windows 11 acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 acting weird: Hello microsoft community!I am using windows 11I actually made a mistake and disable windows defender system. Then I realized windows acting weird. Then I recovered all my settings to 3 hours so that the windows defender system started. But after that I realized some of the...
  3. Windows PC Acting Weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC Acting Weird: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day.My Windows PC has been said as per my router to have connected to some malicious website about an hour in the future, that makes 0 sense and I'm wondering what it is.It came from this PC, and there is an unknown Linux device on my...
  4. Windows acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows acting weird: Hey, been having some weird problems with windows since building this computer. Specs: Intel Core i7-10700K RTX 3070 Gigabyte OC 8gb 750W Corsair 80 PLUS Gold RM750x Kingston SA2000 M.2 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 C16 So the issues I'm having are:...
  5. Windows is acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is acting weird: Hello, I have had a problem for some time now. Windows is acting weird that when I want to use something related to windows it just randomly keeps tabbing. For example, I click on the windows symbol to open the menu, and windows just scroll back and forth like when I am...
  6. Windows defender is acting weird.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is acting weird.: So, I recently got a brand new computer, and I wanted to personalize some of my settings. I went to windows defender, and when I tried to open some of the settings, I kept getting the "You'll need a new app to open this" window. I've been having a hard time trying to find a...
  7. Windows acting weird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows acting weird: My dell computer with windows sometimes makes noise, even when it is turned off. Not the sound of the fan, but it will often use the notifcation jingle. I’ve reset, used windows defender to check for viruses, and looked all over, but I can’t seem to find a solution. If anyone...
  8. Windows PowerShell acting weird?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows PowerShell acting weird?: Hello, After updating from insider to 15063 and 15063.11 RTM powershell seems to be showing random symbols, but when I try to copy paste these symbols somewhere else they show up as normal text. In powershell I see this: [img] After copy paste I get this:...
  9. Weird Windows Snap Overlay

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Windows Snap Overlay: So my laptop has done this weird thing ever since I got it. Whenever I drag a window, this pops up: [img] It did it when I was using it before and after I reinstalled windows, and I haven't seen it on any other computer, Windows 10 or no. What is this and how can I...
  10. windows 10 acting weird

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 acting weird: for the past couple of days now my pc a sony vaio desktop with windows 10 has been acting weird slow to boot up, no text showing in my files, my Web browsers are also not working and when I shut my pc down I get a blue screen no idea what to do ? [img] 105437